Rangers fansâ?? fighting fund - a statement

Guest Dutchy
It's a law. The Pensions Act 2004.

It'll be one of those laws that is hardly ever adhered to, or is investing in off-shore companies the get out here???

It'll be one of those laws that is hardly ever adhered to, or is investing in off-shore companies the get out here???

Yes, in my experience it is strictly adhered to.

Don't follow your "off-shore companies" question. What are you referring to?

I personally still don't see Dunfermline as creditor. We were basically withholding THEIR money. They didn't lend it to us, it is just a reciprocal agreement to collect the money for tickets and pass it on so that the away club can distribute the tickets according to their own policy eg giving season ticket holders priority.

So it's not a debt and not a running cost, it is basically Rangers on the verge of "stealing" someone else's money that they entrusted us with. To uphold our honour in this case I am glad we are paying them. Sometimes it's just business but sometimes morality comes to the fore and this is a case in point. To me, Rangers whole ethos is steeped in integrity and this is one time we have have make sure that is upheld.

I also believe for the same reason we should pay Dundee Utd - but maybe first subtracting the money they charged for the abandoned game.

I also wouldn't mind holding back some of the money until the CVA has gone its course and then fully reimburse some of the smaller creditors to make up the full pound of their credit. I would especially want to make sure the likes of St John's ambulance get the full amount they are due.

BTW Pompey fans set up a fund raising appeal to pay SJA and exceeded the bill:

http://www.justgiving.com/pompeyfans4stjohnsambulance

I take my hat off to them.

Here is a reply I got back after questioning paying debts to clubs rather than pay our staff first and foremost.

--------------------

Hi John

Thank for the email. This debt is a debt of Rangers Football Club and the committee along with the Administrators today decided this would be paid this week.

You will have hopefully read that Rangers and the Fans Fighting Fund will be this week clearing the debt to Dunfermline Athletic and happily so.

With regards to Dundee United, you will not have yet read that have Rangers FC in court tomorrow with the SFA on 5 different charges with regards to the Scottish Cup match monies due

DAFC are in serious financial trouble but not once did they "stick the knife" into Rangers, whereas DUFC have been doing this to the club and fans for several years now.

I hope this clarifies the reasoning behind not paying DUFC the money and the SFA have a reserve of money for this sort of issue and hopefully they will see fit to pay DUFC from that tomorrow.

We have had a huge response and now over £260,000 has been raised so have not yet got round to thanking everyone personally for their donation. If you can let me know the date that it was sent then I will check and confirm.

Thanks

Here is a reply I got back after questioning paying debts to clubs rather than pay our staff first and foremost.

--------------------

Hi John

Thank for the email. This debt is a debt of Rangers Football Club and the committee along with the Administrators today decided this would be paid this week.

You will have hopefully read that Rangers and the Fans Fighting Fund will be this week clearing the debt to Dunfermline Athletic and happily so.

With regards to Dundee United, you will not have yet read that have Rangers FC in court tomorrow with the SFA on 5 different charges with regards to the Scottish Cup match monies due

DAFC are in serious financial trouble but not once did they "stick the knife" into Rangers, whereas DUFC have been doing this to the club and fans for several years now.

I hope this clarifies the reasoning behind not paying DUFC the money and the SFA have a reserve of money for this sort of issue and hopefully they will see fit to pay DUFC from that tomorrow.

We have had a huge response and now over £260,000 has been raised so have not yet got round to thanking everyone personally for their donation. If you can let me know the date that it was sent then I will check and confirm.

Thanks

Hmm...it doesn't really answer it yet does it? Just re-iterates what we know anyway. That would annoy me, like I said I have no issue with them paying Dunfermline but they never answered your question and I detest smoke-screen answers.

Edit: Actually, the last para is illuminating. I think they want to check who is asking so are giving you a stock answer, incase you are a journalist. They don't want to check to thank you, they want to see if you are who you say you are.

--------------------

Hi John

Thanks

Thanks for posting your reply from them.

Whoever sent you the reply obvously has no recollection of why Dunfermline got an SPL fine for ticket pricing irregularities in 2006. Neither do they know their own rules and what they told the fans.

The SPL are now involved again, after being informed that the administrators have failed to fulfil an agreement over payment for the league match at Tannadice on March 19.

I personally still don't see Dunfermline as creditor. We were basically withholding THEIR money. They didn't lend it to us, it is just a reciprocal agreement to collect the money for tickets and pass it on so that the away club can distribute the tickets according to their own policy eg giving season ticket holders priority.

So it's not a debt and not a running cost, it is basically Rangers on the verge of "stealing" someone else's money that they entrusted us with. To uphold our honour in this case I am glad we are paying them. Sometimes it's just business but sometimes morality comes to the fore and this is a case in point. To me, Rangers whole ethos is steeped in integrity and this is one time we have have make sure that is upheld.

There's a difference between what the club is due to pay and what the RFFF can spend its money on. Some may think the difference is pedantic but I think it's important.