Rangers fansâ?? fighting fund - a statement

The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund, set up by supporters to assist the clubâ??s current financial difficulties, today pledged to pay Rangers outstanding debt of £22,000 to Dunfermline.

The Fund will use some of its £250,000 balance to pay money owed by Rangers to Dunfermline who have not been reimbursed for tickets sold for a recent League game against the Ibrox club, prior to their going into administration.

Dunfermline had admitted that the loss of this expected revenue had caused them financial difficulties, and former Rangers legend Sandy Jardine will go to Dunfermline on Friday on behalf of the Fund and personally hand over the cheque to Dunfermline Chairman John Yorkston

Andrew McCormick, Chairman of the RFFF said: â??After some discussion it was agreed that we should use some of the money collected by our fans to pay off this outstanding debt. This is a debt of honour to a club of honour.

â??Consideration was also given to using some more of the funds to pay off money owed to Dundee United. But that was rejected as there were strong views that, in recent times, Dundee United had treated Rangers and their fans with disdain.â?

Rangers fans were angry last season when Dundee United levied an extra charge on Rangers ticket holders if they wished to attend an abandoned game at Tannadice.�

â??Like everyone else connected to the club, we are aware of the Rangers standing and their responsibilities to the rest of the game in Scotland

â??We believe that spending some of our funds this way is only fair to Dunfermline who are suffering because of a situation that was not of their making.

â??It also demonstrates to the Scottish football authorities that Rangers fans not only have an allegiance to the club â?? but are aware of the impact the clubâ??s situation is having elsewhere in the game.

â??The Fans Fighting Fund is doing this on behalf of Rangers Football Club as we believe this the proper course of action.

â??We would hope this is not only noted by the Scottish football authorities but will have a strong impact when certain charges against the club are debated by the SFA on Thursday of this week"

Edited by Zappa

I'm 100% for Rangers to honour their debts, but paying Dunfermline what they are owed and not doing the same for Dundee United, smacks of extreme pettiness. That's leavlng aside the claims from the administrators that they had already agreed to make these payments.

Isn't this flying in the face of what we were told the fund was set up for? This is not a running cost for the club, it's a debt. I probably won't be popular for saying so but this is a debt caused by Craig Whyte and the fans have paid it off for him.

Isn't this flying in the face of what we were told the fund was set up for? This is not a running cost for the club, it's a debt. I probably won't be popular for saying so but this is a debt caused by Craig Whyte and the fans have paid it off for him.

Agreed. that was my first thought. It's specifically forbidden under the rules of the fighting fund.

6. The money is to be used for the day to day running of the Club and any associated running costs. It is not to be used to pay creditors. This will be part of the Administration process.

We are told that our club is at risk and we need to contribute to the Fighting Fund to meet running expenses and meanwhile the Fighting Fund Committee are spending the cash on areas prohibited by its own rules.

I guess the cash is not actually needed by the club if the committee can use it for other things.

I wonder if they actually assessed which of our creditors needed the cash the most, or whether it was just the populist one that would make the most headlines?

I think this is less about doing Whyte a favour, and more about this fund being used for the running costs for the club, including paying other clubs money we owe them - it's a statement that we honour clubs who show us respect, and the likes of United who have treated us like shit for a long time get nothing.

Because this is the fans money and it's up the account holders to use it on behalf of us. If paying off a debt to another club is NOT a running cost, then what is?

I think this is less about doing Whyte a favour, and more about this fund being used for the running costs for the club, including paying other clubs money we owe them - it's a statement that we honour clubs who show us respect, and the likes of United who have treated us like shit for a long time get nothing.

Because this is the fans money and it's up the account holders to use it on behalf of us. If paying off a debt to another club is NOT a running cost, then what is?

It's paying an existing creditor that will be dealt with under the CVA.

Running costs of the club are costs incurred to keep the club going now, not meeting debts incurred pre-administration.

I'm 100% for Rangers to honour their debts, but paying Dunfermline what they are owed and not doing the same for Dundee United, smacks of extreme pettiness. That's leavlng aside the claims from the administrators that they had already agreed to make these payments.

This is not Rangers - this is the fans. There is a distinction. This money is fans money to be used as we want it to be used. So if you're saying all Rangers fans are petty to want to get one over on a club who have treated us very poorly for a long time, then so be it.

I'm 100% for Rangers to honour their debts, but paying Dunfermline what they are owed and not doing the same for Dundee United, smacks of extreme pettiness.

Not only that, but it's going to raise eyebrows amongst other creditors, perhaps even angering one or two when essentially we need to try to keep good relations with ALL creditors who will vote on a CVA.

This move by the RFFF is going to anger Dundee Utd which is good from one point of view (GIRUY), but bad from another point of view in that we're in administration and they are a creditor who we'll be wanting to vote on a CVA (unless we pay them off first)

It's potentially going to anger other creditors who might be saying to themselves "why are they getting paid and we're not".

It could anger certain fans who've donated to the fund thinking none of the money would go to creditors to clean up Whyte's catastrophic mess.

It could cause fans who were planning to donate this week or next to think carefully before doing so.

All in all I don't think this has been considered carefully enough because it doesn't seem like a particularly smart move.

The Administrators have already agreed to pay this on the 5th March

'Rangers' administrators have reached an agreement with Dunfermline Athletic to pay outstanding ticket monies in full.

The Ibrox club owed £85,000 to their SPL counterparts following a fixture between the two clubs at East End Park on February 11'.

This is not Rangers - this is the fans. There is a distinction. This money is fans money to be used as we want it to be used.

No it's not to be used as we want it to be used. The uses of the cash were set out quite clearly.