Rangers supporter becomes first fan to admit offence under new football hate laws

Guest Dutchy
This legislation was made up by non football fans and it is designed to apply to football fans only and it only affects football fans

Not quite true. The Sunderland professor had his say, then they ignored all his advice. lol

Tin hat on here guys, it's 2012 anybody still singing or calling them paedophiles and other stuff deselve all they get imo.

Any chance these guys could go to a Rangers game and support Rangers? Sing songs about Rangers?

We have some of our support that are obbessed with them as much as they are with us.

I totally agree with you it was the legal point I was getting at. As far as I understand it, almost any name can get you charged if used in a derogatory way but I just wonder Why Huns is not then a chargeable offence when it is used in a derogatory manner. calling someone a paedophile is not against the law in any other situation except when it is connected to football. Surely that means Brown you are a poof\wanker\dick etc all now have become chargeable offences as I see it. The referee is Illegitimate? All not nice words but if everyone gets arrested for using them the jails will soon be bulging at the seams.

I totally agree with you it was the legal point I was getting at. As far as I understand it, almost any name can get you charged if used in a derogatory way but I just wonder Why Huns is not then a chargeable offence when it is used in a derogatory manner. calling someone a paedophile is not against the law in any other situation except when it is connected to football. Surely that means Brown you are a poof\wanker\dick etc all now have become chargeable offences as I see it. The referee is Illegitimate? All not nice words but if everyone gets arrested for using them the jails will soon be bulging at the seams.

Most offences will just end up with the charged getting a fine and maybe football banning order pete.

FWIW I think the use of the H word will become illegal quite soon. It'll just need the right case and the right judge.

That's exactly the point of the new law; all these things are now considered differently where they are in connection with a regulated football match.