Iâ??ll have a say in who buys Gers

Very interesting question and one I've been thinking about myself. The only answer I can come up with is that it's because the Trust are currently backing the Blue Knights.

It appears to be another "only show in town" scenario, but that's just my opinion and I'm not trying to cause trouble. That's just how it looks and it ties in with the way the press are reporting the situation because Paul Murray and the Trust are both VERY friendly with the press and media.

I'm on your side with this. I would love to back the BK's, but can't, too many alarm bells ringing. Also, the notion of Rangers being fan owned is fantasy, we have too many divisions and ego's with in the support to make it work.

But having people like Souness and WS in the board room is more than enough for me. if it happens obviously

I'm on your side with this. I would love to back the BK's, but can't, too many alarm bells ringing. Also, the notion of Rangers being fan owned is fantasy, we have too many divisions and ego's with in the support to make it work.

But having people like Souness and WS in the board room is more than enough for me. if it happens obviously

I'm not taking sides at all Frank and I'm completely prepared to get behind whoever seems to be the best option for the club. I was simply giving an opinion as to why the press & media are portraying the BK's as the "fans favourites" since you asked. I could be completely wrong though!

IBROX administrators remain adamant Craig Whyte will have NO say in who buys crisis-hit Rangers.

SunSport revealed yesterday shameless Whyte is demanding a role in shaping Gers' future.

In crunch talks last week, the disgraced Ibrox owner warned beancounters Duff and Phelps of his intentions.

We also revealed that Whyte's uncompromising stance could see the Blue Knights' hopes of gaining control doomed.

But a source close to chief administrator Paul Clark last night dismissed Whyte's threats.

The Motherwell-born businessman was ready to wash his hands of the mess he's in at the beginning of last week.

But just a few days later he'd changed his mind — informing Clark of his plans.

Yet behind-the-scenes administrators have yet to find any evidence of Whyte ploughing any of his own cash into the stricken SPL champions.

A fortnight ago Clark insisted that Whyte had become "absolutely irrelevant" and it's understood that opinion hasn't changed.

Whyte feels strongly that his position as majority shareholder has NOT been weakened despite a blizzard of negative publicity.

He's even talked about retaining control of the club if and when it exits administration.

At the very least Whyte expects to have a major say in who takes control of his 85.3 per cent shareholding.

Administrators insists that is unlikely.

At the moment there are five bids on the table with ex-director Paul Murray the fans' favourite.

Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy is also in the running along with Americans Club 9 Sports and unnamed consortiums from Singapore and the UK.

Clark hopes to name a shortlist of two preferred bidders by the end of the week.

Our source said: "Craig Whyte is still the majority shareholder and technically he is right in what he's saying.

"But if backed into a corner the administrators will fight fire with fire.

"The problem just now is that Mr Whyte is blowing hot and cold.

"One minute he wants out and the next he has changed his mind. Rest assured, however, the administrators won't be dictated to by him on this matter."

Meanwhile, Gers boss Ally McCoist admits he was blown away by the atmosphere in Sunday's Old Firm game.

McCoist was astonished at the level of noise created by the club's fans during the 3-2 win over Celtic.

And he is convinced their backing inspired administration-hit Gers to pull a morale-boosting result out the bag.

He said: "I thought the atmosphere created by the Rangers fans was one of the best I've ever heard at Ibrox.

"I was talking to Walter Smith about it afterwards and we were both in agreement about it. The atmosphere from the Rangers fans was absolutely fantastic.

"Two of the best games I've been involved in were against Dynamo Kiev and Leeds United but as Old Firm games go, that took a bit of beating.

"The fans needed a wee break and thankfully the players gave them one. It was a welcome result."

It has emerged those fans have raised £250,000 through the Fighting Fund set up to help the club.

The sale of union flags at the Old Firm clash helped bring in over £47,000, a total that was added to by a £10,000 donation from one of the club's corporate clients.

Punters in HONG KONG also played their part, raising around £3,000 to try and help cash-strapped Gers.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4223704/Pick-new-owner-Thatll-be-Whyte.html#ixzz1qOhLIvx6