Murray's Blue Knights may bid without Ticketus

Prospective Rangers buyer Paul Murray has told BBC Scotland he will walk away from Ticketus if he cannot strike a deal in the interests of the club.

Murray's Blue Knights consortium has been allied to the company that funded Craig Whyte's takeover last May.

Rangers' administrators are considering reneging on the Ticketus deal .

Murray believes it makes sense to keep them on board but says if they cannot do a deal that's good for the club, he will pursue other options.

The Blue Knights are one of five parties interested in buying Rangers out of administration , with further UK-based as well as overseas interest under consideration by administrators Duff and Phelps.

A former director who left the board shortly after Whyte's takeover, Murray made his bid public soon after Rangers entered administration on 14 February and has always maintained liquidation can be avoided.

If the administrators do decide to renege on the £24m deal Ticketus did with Whyte, the finance company becomes the club's largest unsecured creditor, albeit with the judgement on a potential HM Revenue Customs bill still to come.

Murray says having Ticketus onside would help get Rangers out out of administration, but not at any cost. He believes any deal has to be right for the club.

He added that discussions with Ticketus are continuing and a decision could be made in the early part of the week.

And he stresses that his Blue Knights consortium still has a viable bid without Ticketus.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17516796

If they don't need them why did they bring them on board in the first place. The fact they had them involved is the reason so many fans won't back them. It screams desperation to me.

Starting to look to me as if TBK's were banking on that Ticketus deal being valid and, by including them, they could get a creditor off the books making it an attractive deal for the administrators and other creditors.

Seems that TBK's may have backed the wrong horse with this one. But then again, who really knows what is going on ???

Reading between the lines, it would say to me that - after considering the verdict, the BKs reckon that the Ticketus deal isn't as cast iron as they originally thought. Also, given the moves by Brian Kennedy, I have a feeling that the Ticketus bum is out the window.

Purely speculation on my part.

I want to like and back the BK's, but there's too many alarm bells ringing with me. I'm also not from the thought that we should be fan owned because the harsh reality is the Rangers support, although large and global, we're too fractured. It would work at some clubs, but not ours.

Agreed Bears, although I would like to see some form of democratically elected second tier fan governance. A sort of "watchful eye" and level of scrutiny that would give accountability and transparency.

Two or even three seats on a - say - 12 man board sounds fantastic but wouldn't have any teeth.