Kennedy will crank up takeover interest

BRIAN KENNEDY will step up his bid for Rangers this week.

SunSport understands that the Edinburgh-born businessman remains a major player in the fight for the crisis-hit club.

Sources close to the 51-year-old claim the tycoon was 'delighted' with last Friday's Ticketus ruling in the Court of Session.

Kennedy was keen to establish that Ticketus had no claim to seats in the controversial deal struck by Craig Whyte.

The Sale Sharks owner spent the weekend in talks with legal advisors and is poised to increase his interest in the next 48 hours.

Kennedy was given a VIP tour of Ibrox and Murray Park by Gers boss Ally McCoist last week and has always maintained his offer is a 'last resort' for Rangers.

But behind-the-scenes it's clear the mood in Kennedy's camp has changed. Any Kennedy buyout would include a role for Graeme Souness back at Ibrox and it's understood administrators Duff and Phelps have been impressed with Kennedy's vision for the future.

Paul Clark and David Whitehouse are pondering FIVE bids after a consortium from Singapore tabled an offer on Friday.

It's understood that the bean-counters want to establish a short-list of two by the end of the week. Kennedy will be on it.

Of the Ticketus ruling, Clark confirmed: "We're pleased with the decision. What it means is the destiny of Rangers season tickets are now in the club's own hands and gives the ability to properly assess the competing bids.

"Let's be clear on what the decision means, it gives us the power if we think it is necessary and in the best interests of the creditors to cancel the Ticketus rights to the season tickets â?? that's what it does because I understand there has been a bit of confusion."

McCoist confirmed he'd held talks with Kennedy last week and said: "The meeting went very well.

"I've met Brian several times and I've met Paul Murray too.

"Sitting with the supporters' head on I think both are good, good men. They have their own different outlooks on where they would see the club going.

"They both want it to be a success but have their own ideas on how to get there.

"I've been thoroughly impressed with the discussions I've had with both.

"Brian told me his idea of the way forward but that is for Brian to tell you if and when it happens. I'm very comfortable with both and their plans and ideas for the future."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4218562/Kennedy-will-crank-up-takeover-interest.html#ixzz1qDvHQFhd

I wish they'd tell the fans what his vision is?

Would be nice but I dont think they would be allowed to at this stage as it would potentially have an impact on the other bids.

I'd love him, or any of the bidders to say,"we will not liquidate Rangers" That's the words we all want to hear

Now do you know how many people that would be heart broken if this was said?

Guest Dutchy
I'd love him, or any of the bidders to say,"we will not liquidate Rangers" That's the words we all want to hear

I think he more or less indicated that when he was talking to the media for the first time. He was saying things like he doesn't want Rangers going to the wall, but if others come in, he will step down.

And of course, if I had loads of money, I'd be rich.

Now do you know how many people that would be heart broken if this was said?

I've made a Facebook page with loads of screan shots that are going to embaress a LOT of people if/when we are 100% out the woods. It's not "published" yet as i'll be taking more shots of the Timplosion for a day or two then let it go live. :D