McCall rejects one-match ban

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall has rejected the offer of a one-match touchline ban from the Scottish Football Association.

McCall was sent to the stand by referee Craig Thomson at half-time during his side's 2-1 defeat to Aberdeen in the William Hill Scottish Cup on March 11.

He was angered by the awarding of a corner that led to the Dons' opener.

The Fir Park boss was offered the sanction for an alleged breach of rule 203, which includes offences such as the repeated use of abusive and insulting language and adopting an aggressive attitude towards match officials or calling their integrity into question.

A statement on the club's website read: "Motherwell Football Club last night officially notified the SFA of the intent to refuse the one match ban offered to manager Stuart McCall.

"The matter will now be heard by the Disciplinary Tribunal at a Principal Hearing on Thursday 5 April 2012."

McCall said: "I've spoken to the SFA Compliance Officer, Vincent Lunny, to tell him I'll be declining their offer so I've been invited to Hampden early next month for a hearing."

http://www.football365.com/motherwell/7614950/McCall-rejects-one-match-ban