Flying The Flag

IBROX will be a sea of Union flags next Sunday - and it will help raise a massive amount of money for the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund.

In a great initiative, fans will be able to get hold of a flag ahead of the Celtic game with a minimum donation of £2 - and all of the money raised will go straight to the Fighting Fund.

The fund, launched last week, has already pulled in well over six figures and money is coming in all the time.

A total of 43,000 flags will be available on derby day with volunteers stationed inside each turnstile to collect money.

Supporters Liaison Officer Jim Hannah said: "We are hoping to have a spectacular display of Union flags at the game with Celtic and I'm sure it will be.

"We had planned to have the display but then it was felt we could raise money by encouraging a £2 donation on the day.

"So I took the idea to people within the club and supporters groups and we got the go-ahead so hopefully this will raise a fair amount of money as well.

"Fans will be able to donate any amount they want but we are saying a £2 minimum.

"The flags will be available inside every turnstile - well every turnstile for home fans - and we feel it should be a really good money-raiser.

"I already have volunteers to look after all of these collections so we are all systems go."

http://www.tv.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120319/flying-the-flag_2254024_2664996

This should please the BHEASTS:devil:

The day we start worrying about what a nobody like Dickinson thinks about our fans initiatives to raise money is, thankfully, a long way off.

It say so very much more about him that it does about us.

Im assuming Dickinson is generally "sad" after yesterday's result anyway, which is nice!

I just don't understand these sad Fuds.

I've tweeted him asking if he is also offended by the tweets about Willie Collum. Everyone else should too :D

We should tweet every news outlet because i have seen NO COVERAGE ANYWHERE, yet when the Offensive act came in and there were TWO arrests out of 50,000 at Ibrox that was big news.