Leggat - WILLIE COLLUM DEATH THREATS

SO much for those who scoffed at what I wrote yesterday about Celtic trying to escape to English football without Rangers.

For Neil Lennon was quoted all over the Sunday papers saying how he believed Celtic could hold their own in the English Premiership.

While an old mate of mine, Alan Nixon, who is seriously well connected down south, had a Sunday Mirror exclusive which revealed that talks between Celtic and the Championship have actually STARTED.

Maybe I wasnâ??t quite so far off the mark as ever smart Alec and doubting Thomas thought.

Though given what happened at Hampden yesterday when Kilmarnock beat Celtic 1-0 to lift the Scottish Communities League Cup, those talks with the second tier south of the border are a more realistic assessment of Celticâ??s status. Not quite first class.

Certainly Lennonâ??s interview live on BBC Scotland lacked class as he hammered referee Willie Collum for not awarding Celtic a penalty in the fourth minute of added time.

The BBC studio guests were divided, with ex Celtic man John Hartson insisting it was a clear cut penalty, while Scotland manager Craig Levein insisted with equal certainty that there had been no contact.

After viewing it about a dozen times I agree with Levein. Well, thereâ??s a first time for everything.

I just hope wee Willie, who many sound Scottish soccer judges rate highly, has his local polis station and a glazier on speed dial.

Death threats have alteady started to appear on line with this devout Christian, who teaches RI at a Roman Catholic school branded an "Orange B*****d and a "Hun!"

There's nothing really surprising about that, though.

In the wake of the news that Steve Conroy is chucking it at the end of the season and the prediction that others will follow, I forecast Collum could be one.

Now is has started to get the same treatment other refs who have angered Celtic have had from the enraged Celtic hierarchy and the thuggish so called best fans in the world, then Collum would be well advised to pack it in. For his own and his familyâ??s safety.

The fact is that Celticâ??s failure to win the Treble this season, with Rangers weaker than they have been since Celtic came into being, must be regarded as proof they ainâ??t as good as they think they are. Not by a long way.

Which is why any negotiations to cut and run from Scotland must be more realistically aimed at the Championship, with no guarantee they would get out of it at the first, second or even third attempt. At least, not in the direction they would want to go.

However, to every smart Alec and every doubting Thomas who believe Iâ??ve got the silver cooking foil surrounding LeggoLand, hereâ??s another wee prediction. There will be more straws in the wind about Celticâ??s English ambitions.

And eventually, why Craig Whyte bought Rangers and where he gets the money to support his millionaireâ??s lavish lifestyle, will be revealed.

���

AND��..

I cannot agree with the sentiments expressed by Rangers supporters about how England gubbing Ireland at rugger and Killie giving Celtic a Cup Final doing spoiled St Patrickâ??s Day for Celtic fans.

It did, of course. But St Patrick belongs top all of Ireland. In fact, Iâ??ve got a pal â?? a retired RUC sergeant who is the holder of the Queenâ??s Police Medal â?? who always celebrates it. Usually with a few Ulstermen who support Rangers.

For me, the highlight of the St Patrickâ??s celebrations and what would spoil the Paddywackery for many Celtic supporters, was watching the Duchess of Cambridge â?? aka the lovely Kate â?? hand out the Shamrocks to the loyal soldiers of Her Majestyâ??s Irish Guards.

The young man who will one day become King William, is the colonel-in-chief of the Irish Guards â?? a honour his great grandmother the late Queen Mum once held â?? and he wore their scarlet tunic, with his blue RAF Sash, when he was married.

And another two Ulstermen, the manager of Kilmarnock and his son, should also be included.

So there are some things about St Patrickâ??s Day which the plastic paddies of Parkhead have not yet highjacked.

��..

FOR SALE��

CELTIC HI FI.

Bass? Ok!

Volume? Quiet!

Treble? Kaput!

��.

FINALLY��

HERE is how Philmacgiollabhain works. At around 8.30am on Saturday LeggoLand was published and it I predicted that Scottish Football Association president, the utterly honest Campbell Ogilvie, would defend and explain himself in the papers the following day.

About six hours later Philmacgiollabhain was Twittering that he had been tipped off that Ogilvie had done an interview with the Sunday newspapers.

Dear! Dear!

But now that I know that Philmacgiollabhain is a reader, Iâ??ll take care not to use too many big words.

And I wonder how he enjoyed his trip to Hampden yesterday? At the end, all he could see was happy honest Scottish faces from Ayrshire, Burnsâ?? Country, belting out their team's wonderful anthem, Paper Roses.

Not quite how he expected his wee day out in the city of his birth to end, I'll wager.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

Guest Dutchy

Does someone have to complain to the police before they'll take action???

I suspect it will take a few weeks to trace these cowards, but traced they will be. And, hopefully jailed.

Does someone have to complain to the police before they'll take action???

I suspect it will take a few weeks to trace these cowards, but traced they will be. And, hopefully jailed.

I think it helps if people notify the police, they can't see everything.

Anything in the papers about Collum's death threats?

Guest Dutchy

I was being slightly sarcastic there BlueM. I remember no action was taken against a team unless someone specifically complained to the compliance officer. That sounds like complete bull and was said, but has now been rectified. septic just are not to be troubled by compliance officers. lol.

I was being slightly sarcastic there BlueM. I remember no action was taken against a team unless someone specifically complained to the compliance officer. That sounds like complete bull and was said, but has now been rectified. septic just are not to be troubled by compliance officers. lol.

Yes I did figure some of the sarcasm lol. Was more thinking if enough of us raise a stink about it, that might help