Lee McCulloch - Interview

The bold bit is sad reflection of modern day fans imo. It's just total rubbish.

As for the cretins bit once again i find it very funny that people that offer nothing in terms of support for a subject feel the need to name call when having a go at fellow fans. It's just the world we live in, if you dont agree and cant back yourself up just start to call names. Keyboard hardman at it's best.

Hush your gums. You're the enemy with in. Back the team, back the players and hope and pray their actions mean we have a club next year

Guys, please refrain from any personal insults.

McCulloch has played internationally 18 times (including both of the France games where we beat them 1-0), played for Motherwell, Wigan and Rangers and has played in numerous European games.

According to wiki he has scored 27 times in 147 games for Motherwell, 46 times in 241 games for Wigan and 16 times in 165 games for Rangers. You may disagree - actually you DO disagree.... but that is actually a very reasonable return for a "terrible player".

He is rated as being "not terrible" by the following managers :

Alex McLeish

Billy Davies

Bruce Rioch

Steve Bruce

Paul Jewell

Walter Smith

Ally McCoist

Berti Vogts (OK, I give you that one.....)

Craig Levein

So, all of the above have rated him as being better than terrible.... but YOU seem to know better than the managers above, some of whom have achieved very reasonable things in their careers, and Walter's managerial career was actually pretty illustrious.

He has had a very reasonable career for a "terrible player".

He is nowhere near as bad as you make out - IMHO - his distribution is often decent, he poses a goal threat when played in a more advanced role (see ICT last month as an example) and he is willing to fight for the cause every time he steps onto the pitch.

He has slowed a LOT recently and he would certainly not be my first choice in the team right now, but we have few options, he covers almost every position, and whether you like it or not, he IS one of us.

I agree with everything you say except for one: right now he'd be a first choice in the team for me. Given a fully fit, in form and motivated squad, he wouldn't get in my choice of team, but right now he's one of the best players we have available. He wasn't even playing his first, second or third choice position on Saturday and yet was our best defender by a long way.

Alex McLeish (Ok, I give you that one....)

Billy Davies

Bruce Rioch

Steve Bruce

Paul Jewell (Ok, I give you that one....)

Walter Smith

Ally McCoist

Berti Vogts (OK, I give you that one.....)

Craig Levein (OK, I give you that one....)

Fixed that for you Craig :D

The thing with McCulloch is he is a player who peaked in his 20s like most players and due to losing a few yards of pace it shows in his game. Throwing him around the pitch in every position doesnt help him either as he is good in some positions but not others, so people are quick to criticise him overall by judging on his poor performances.

For me he'd be in the team still in an attacking sense, thats his natural position. One thing is for sure Id have him in the team this sunday to raise morale, spirit and get in about Celtic's midfield.

I bet he is a managers dream in the dressing room as he will always be there for the squad and seems to be more of a "pint glass half full" kinda guy.