Lee McCulloch - Interview

There's been some good, some bad with Lee and to suggest he has been a complete waste either shows a lack of knowledge of the game or a personal dislike for him.

Moments like the opener in Lyon and scoring against Celtic show he has had many good contributions. We would not have won as much as we have with him in the side if he was as bad as made out.

Up there with Ross, Hutton and Adam of recent years who many fans like to make out are far worse than they actually were/are.

So because you know he has been a bad buy for us but dont have the balls to say it i'm wrong?

Some of our fans need to grow a pair and stop being like them.

And there was me thinking 'being like them' was more akin to having venomous attacks at one of our own players.

How wrong was I...

Hardly think saying a player is past his best is attacking him,

You didn't say that.

he's been a great player for Rangers in the past

You didn't say that either.

but he's come to the end of his time imo. If that's me having a go at Lee, then I'm sorry but your talking pish.

No, "he can't put his feet or head in the right place as well" is you having a go at Lee without reference to saying 'he's past his best'.

Am I still talking pish?

None of us are saying McCulloch has been a stunning player, but the abuse you two were giving him is utterly unfair. I expect that crap from Cumbernauld tbh, but you're normally more reasonable than this Allan.

The above post you've made is maybe a little fairer, but you've utterly shifted the goalposts.

And there was me thinking 'being like them' was more akin to having venomous attacks at one of our own players.

How wrong was I...

Ha thought you were out of this?

Some of our fans have turned into them by letting anything go as long as the player ( McCulloch in this case) kisses the badge and tells us all how much he loves the club. It will never make up for the fact he is a terrible player.

You didn't say that.

No, "he can't put his feet or head in the right place as well" is you having a go at Lee without reference to saying 'he's past his best'.

Am I still talking pish?

None of us are saying McCulloch has been a stunning player, but the abuse you two were giving him is utterly unfair. I expect that crap from Cumbernauld tbh, but you're normally more reasonable than this Allan.

The above post you've made is maybe a little fairer, but you've utterly shifted the goalposts.

Getting personal mate when you dont know me, suppose you will say anything other than the truth about this. Guys like you playing the uber fans are always good for a laugh, to scared to tell the truth in case people dont think you bleed blue.

You didn't say that.

Am I still talking pish?

Will give you some of that, I took it for granted that my past views on Lee would be remembered. He has been a great servant of Rangers but for me he's went one season to long and the injuries have caught up with him. Sadly football fans forget the good games all too quickly once a players form starts to slide.

Getting personal mate when you dont know me, suppose you will say anything other than the truth about this. Guys like you playing the uber fans are always good for a laugh, to scared to tell the truth in case people dont think you bleed blue.

Yeah, because I always conform with common opinion around here haha :D

I'm the one who got it in the neck recently for calling Aluko's dive what it was, and got quite a few barrels in my direction in the RFFF thread.

You make me laugh CG.

You're right, I don't know you - all I can go on are the posts you've been making recently. And some of your comments are disappointing and unfair.

Will give you some of that, I took it for granted that my past views on Lee would be remembered. He has been a great servant of Rangers but for me he's went one season to long and the injuries have caught up with him. Sadly football fans forget the good games all too quickly once a players form starts to slide.

I'd agree he's probably playing on past his bedtime a little, but his goal in Inverness plus his utility roles at this perilous time in the club's history mean he still has something to give. I used to berate his ability at times myself, but I never lost sight, same as you, of the fact that he's produced the goods on many occasions in the past. He'll never be a total fan favourite, never was, but you cannot take away his offer to play for free, nor his non-complaining attitude. How many players can you name who are happy being shifted around the team all the time. The only position he's not taken up is keeper.

No, I'm no Lee McCulloch fanboy, but his recent gestures as well as the good he's done in the past means I really don't have too many bad words to say about him.