Lee McCulloch - Interview

Sorry i was talking about the transfer fee and wages when talking about players like him.

Tbh it's just as well that we have not had many more in terms of playing ability, he has been a total disaster and it's a joke he gets away with it due to being a big Gers fan.

'A total disaster'?

I literally can't believe I'm reading this.

Lee McCulloch epitomises everything I would want from a Rangers player in our current situation. Ok he's not the greatest player but he'll still give 100% every time he puts on that blue shirt. As Danny said he even offered to play for nothing. Thats what its all about for me

A bit of a ridiculous comment to come out with. Ok, he's not Messi, but to literally state that 18-times capped, former Wigan player Lee McCulloch (6 years EPL experience with 224 appearances and 44 games) who cost us £2.75M and has played 107 times for us is 'not a footballer' is plain obtuse.

You could suggest you don't rate his ability on some level, that would be a bit more fair - like me doing likewise with Bedoya - who has been agony for us - but McCulloch has not been.

He has more than done a job and his integrity in recent times has been impeccable - offering to play for free was an outstanding gesture.

No he has not mate, he has been pish from day one and cost alot of money. You cant compare Bedoya to the badge kisser that is McCulooch. Bedoya cost a few hundred grand and is on low wages. McCulloch cost £2.75m and high wages. He has failed at CF,CM,LW,CB. Should we try him in goals to see if he is any better?

I don't think there is any need to turn this thread into abusing a Rangers player tbh,whether anybody thinks he is a good player or not he has stood up to the plate through this most troubled time in our clubs history. He has showed what class he has and what a true Gers man he is.

It is appalling, IMO, to spout such bile and hatred to one of our own.

If he was "just a fan" and a fellow Bear was spouting this stuff you would be up in arms about it. But because he plays for us, he deserves such criticism ? Not for me.

Dont forget, HE wasnt the one that paid the fee or offered the wages - he simply wanted to play for us.

And given he offered to play for free I think that affords him a level of respect which you simply refuse to show Cumbernauld.

For me it is an incredibly poor show to be having such a go at one of our own !!

Guest Dutchy

There's absolutely nothing surprising in Rangers fans attacking their own. It's almost endemic.

It's happened many times in the past and will happen many times in the future, providing we have a future.

It is appalling, IMO, to spout such bile and hatred to one of our own.

If he was "just a fan" and a fellow Bear was spouting this stuff you would be up in arms about it. But because he plays for us, he deserves such criticism ? Not for me.

Dont forget, HE wasnt the one that paid the fee or offered the wages - he simply wanted to play for us.

And given he offered to play for free I think that affords him a level of respect which you simply refuse to show Cumbernauld.

For me it is an incredibly poor show to be having such a go at one of our own !!

Abuse and bile the fall back from some people when it's poited out how bad a player he has been.

Please do tell me what bile and more important please tell me what i have said that has not been correct about this player?

Respect? What respect do i need to show??

Should we thank him or any player that has cost the club £m's and offered nothing?

Would you be saying this if he came from abroad and did not badge kiss every day?