UPDATE - Conversation with Mr John Bennett (Blue Knights)

The only part of this post that I will dignify with a reply is to confirm that resigned as secretary of RST in August 2010, from the Board in October 2010 and did not renew my membership of the Trust in April last year.

You can rest easy now!

The only part of this post that I will dignify with a reply is to confirm that I resigned as secretary of RST in August 2010, from the Board in October 2010 and did not renew my membership of the Trust in April last year.

So the head of SD in Scotland and a board member of the national SD isnt even a member of his own club's supporters trust. What message does that put out exactly? How can you encourage Trusts for other clubs when you snub your own? I know you had a falling out with other board members but how do you square your position at SD with your snubbing of your own clubs Trust?

The only part of this post that I will dignify with a reply is to confirm that I resigned as secretary of RST in August 2010, from the Board in October 2010 and did not renew my membership of the Trust in April last year.

So what trust are you a member of?

So the head of SD in Scotland and a board member of the national SD isnt even a member of his own club's supporters trust. What message does that put out exactly? How can you encourage Trusts for other clubs when you snub your own? I know you had a falling out with other board members but how do you square your position at SD with your snubbing of your own clubs Trust?

I can see your point, TB but as you say I did resign for what I believed were valid reasons and they were made public at the time. I have considered joining another Trust but have so far not decided to go down that route.

However, I would point out that there is no requirement for a Board or Council member to be a Trust member and the Chair of SD nationally, Dame Pauline Green, is not a member of any Trust.

I'm sorry BH, but thats not really good enough is it. Dame Pauline Green is a political figurehead for the organisation, and she doesn't even say that she has a favourite team.

As a Rangers supporter and former secretary of the RST, and as head of SD in Scotland surely you have a duty to lead by example and at least be a member of the Trust of the team you support.

I really can't see how you can promote supporters trusts while snubbing your own teams Trust. What signal does that give out to those you go to see to promote trusts at their clubs?

So the CEO of Diageo should be an an alcoholic ? :P

I am sure the powers that be at Supporters Direct are aware BH is not a member of the RST - and if they had an issue with it they would probably have dealt with it, no?

I'm sorry BH, but thats not really good enough is it. Dame Pauline Green is a political figurehead for the organisation, and she doesn't even say that she has a favourite team.

As a Rangers supporter and former secretary of the RST, and as head of SD in Scotland surely you have a duty to lead by example and at least be a member of the Trust of the team you support.

I really can't see how you can promote supporters trusts while snubbing your own teams Trust. What signal does that give out to those you go to see to promote trusts at their clubs?

You were at the AGM last year where he was denied the opportunity to speak at the relevant time. The actions of the board that day have made me question my membership and put me off attending this year's meeting (and I'm still waiting for a copy of the minutes....)

Whatever the pros and cons were of the point that BH was going to make, there was still censorship and I can't blame anyone for resigning.

I don't see that having a specific grievance with one trust means that someone can't support and promote the trust movement in general.