Administrators and Ticketus in court tomorrow

ADMINISTRATORS expect four "serious" bids to be lodged to buy Rangers by tomorrow's deadline but will leave the door ajar for more talks with other interested groups.

So far, the Blue Knights consortium led by former director Paul Murray and an individual offer from Edinburgh born businessman Brian Kennedy have been confirmed.

And last night pending bids from American Investmen Bank, Fortress ,and another fronted by Glasgow based Singaporean Shazad Bakhsh were also validated.

It's unclear whether the New York based investment group wants the club in their own right or are part of a consortium as discussions with them are on-going. The Singapore interest though includes financial backing from the Far East itself.

Sources say they do not expect any massive bidding war to begin tomorrow but say " the landscape " will become much clearer for Rangers future.

Administrators meanwhile will be at the Court of Session in Edinburgh today alongwith lawyers representing Ticketus in a hearing which could clarify the status of the London ticket brokers as far as any sale is concerned.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/308202

ADMINISTRATORS expect four "serious" bids to be lodged to buy Rangers by tomorrow's deadline but will leave the door ajar for more talks with other interested groups.

So far, the Blue Knights consortium led by former director Paul Murray and an individual offer from Edinburgh born businessman Brian Kennedy have been confirmed.

And last night pending bids from American Investmen Bank, Fortress ,and another fronted by Glasgow based Singaporean Shazad Bakhsh were also validated.

It's unclear whether the New York based investment group wants the club in their own right or are part of a consortium as discussions with them are on-going. The Singapore interest though includes financial backing from the Far East itself.

Sources say they do not expect any massive bidding war to begin tomorrow but say " the landscape " will become much clearer for Rangers future.

Administrators meanwhile will be at the Court of Session in Edinburgh today alongwith lawyers representing Ticketus in a hearing which could clarify the status of the London ticket brokers as far as any sale is concerned.

That'll be interesting but i feel we'll have to deal them in to make sure we're not bogged down in courtrooms for ages to come - as that would basically mean no VCA with HMRC and a continuation of Administration according to Paul Murray and quite a few others.

I wonder how much HMRC will settle for with Rangers - i'm pretty sure Leeds Utd paid 10p in the pound in their deal with HMRC?

That'll be interesting but i feel we'll have to deal them in to make sure we're not bogged down in courtrooms for ages to come - as that would basically mean no VCA with HMRC and a continuation of Administration according to Paul Murray and quite a few others.

I wonder how much HMRC will settle for with Rangers - i'm pretty sure Leeds Utd paid 10p in the pound in their deal with HMRC?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm thinking the the outcome of the big tax case will have a HUGE bearing on how HMRC choose to treat the club. If they win it they'll be cracking open champagne because they would then have a precedent for going after a lot of other companies and that's more important to them than anything else because they're going after football clubs and large companies big time on the issue of EBTs and similar schemes. If WE win the case, then in one hand we'll be cracking open champagne ourselves, but on the other hand HMRC will be VERY unhappy and could potentially be vindictive.

this has been tweeted:

Mike Edwards ‏ @stvmike Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Lord Hodge rejects Ticketus motion to adjourn Rangers bid to tear up £24m contract. Court of session case continues.

Might be something, might be nothing. Interesting though...

Well, the admins (not Rangers, btw) do what they have to. If Whyte dealt wrongly with Ticketus and their money, they should make sure that no harm is done to the club itself. I would ask more questions if they would not look at this (or anything else SDM/Whyte-ish).