Barca v Lverkusen

Guest superrcooper7

Guest superrcooper7

Tonights highlights are on ITV1 at 11.05.

Pundits just been slgging off the parents who wouldn't let their kids watch the game lol

Tonights highlights are on ITV1 at 11.05.

Pundits just been slgging off the parents who wouldn't let their kids watch the game lol

I've seen Pele (1970 World Cup) Maradona at Hampden, Cryuff at Ibrox is Lionel Messi the best player I've ever seen?

No! Baxter wins it for me.

Maradona is still the greatest. Everyone who is saying its Messi is only say that because its the 'now' and thats all they have seen. However Messi has the ability to take that title away from Maradona but Id say he has to do more at international level first.

Maradona would be the best on the park whether is was in Spain, Italy, Argentina leagues or internationals.

I do predict Argentina will win the world cup in Brazil and Messi will be the star at the age of 26. Thats exactly the age Maradona was in 86' and that was 4 years after he had a pour WC in 82 which Messi also did in 2010.

Maradona is still the greatest. Everyone who is saying its Messi is only say that because its the 'now' and thats all they have seen. However Messi has the ability to take that title away from Maradona but Id say he has to do more at international level first.

Maradona would be the best on the park whether is was in Spain, Italy, Argentina leagues or internationals.

I do predict Argentina will win the world cup in Brazil and Messi will be the star at the age of 26. Thats exactly the age Maradona was in 86' and that was 4 years after he had a pour WC in 82 which Messi also did in 2010.

Agree with a lot of that Gribz, but in all honesty, I think Messi is a better football player.

Agree with a lot of that Gribz, but in all honesty, I think Messi is a better football player.

That may come down to the changes in the game Zappa. Tackles are almost not allowed (Maradona used to get kicked off the park), pitches are better these days, technology for fitness is well advanced....technology even designs boots and the ball now. Of course the player still needs ability and Messi has it all but he needs to do it for a few more years plus more at international level. Maradona was unplayable for a decade, Messi is still playing catch up.

The greatest players do it for a career span (Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, Best, Giggs, Ronaldo (Brazil) Scholes, Zidane, Beckenbauer, Matthauis, Baggio, Gullit, M Laudrup.....). Ability wise Gascoigne was up there with the best but for other reasons never forfilled. Messi has time on his hands, I like the way he is never in the media except for footballing reasons so there is nothing to stop him going into the top bracket in a few years time.