Crowns are on the line

RANGERS could be stripped of up to SIX league titles after the SPL launched a probe into their alleged dodgy contracts.

Related Stories

Gers stars offer to slash wages

RANGERS stars agreed to a whopping 75 per cent pay cut in a bid to save the club

Former Ger Kris Boydâ??s a logend!

Gers meeting ends in stalemate

How to get that £1m of savings

Rangers face a points hammering

Death by a thousand CUTS

Top-flight chief executive Neil Doncaster refused to rule out the drastic action last night as he announced the structure of Gers' controversial EBT payment plans would be examined.

Under SPL rules, clubs must lodge full payment terms when registering a player.

But The Scottish Sun last week revealed details of a letter promising extra payments to one Gers player, who joined the club in the mid-2000s.

If these letters were not submitted it could mean the player's registration was invalid.

The SPL inquiry will start as far back as July 1998 and likely continue right up to 2010. If they decide the current champions breached their statutes they have a range of penalties open to them.

One option is to "withdraw or withhold the award of a title". That could mean Gers' flags from 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2009 and 2010 being wiped from the record books.

Asked about such an outcome before an SPL statement was released confirming the investigation, Doncaster said: "We are monitoring that situation very closely."

On the alleged letters, he said: "It's an area we're monitoring closely at the moment." Less than an hour later the SPL released a statement which read: "The SPL Board has instructed an investigation into the alleged non-disclosure to the SPL of payments made by or on behalf of Rangers FC to players since 1 July 1998.

"SPL rules give the SPL Board wide powers of investigation into potential breaches of the SPL rules."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4175023/Crowns-are-on-the-line.html#ixzz1oIGS03wt

In a separate development, there was more woe for Rangers when the SPL board announced an investigation into alleged illegal payments to players going back to 1998. It relates to the Employee Benefit Trust scheme which sees Rangers awaiting a First Tier Tax tribunal ruling which, if it goes against them, could land them with an HMRC tax bill in excess of £50 million.

If the SPL find that Rangers were in breach of their rules for the registration and payment of players, the potential sanctions which could be imposed include stripping the club of the seven titles they have won since the SPL was formed in 1998.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/rangers-crisis-spl-launch-investigation-into-player-payments-1-2154489

One option is to "withdraw or withhold the award of a title". That could mean Gers' flags from 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2009 and 2010 being wiped from the record books.

I remember the joy I felt as a fan when winning those titles, they'll never WIPE that memory no matter what. Fuck the small minded bigots who bring our game into disrepute. And dont anybody say we cheated....if we were able to put 11 players on the field better than any other 11 then that'll do me.

Wipe it from the record books if they want. Fuck them we still have more.

I have to say the anti Rangers sentiment in the press, other SPL clubs, and the governing bodies at the moment is quite staggering.

Ally really did know this was coming hence his comments the other day.

It's an absolute disgrace that right now when Scottish football as a whole whilst slowly disappearing down the drain and the biggest and most famous club from that league is being slammed from 'ceptic minded' arseholes instead of true concern from sensible football minded people beggars belief.

Edited by 54andcounting

Surely the lawyers would have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that we would not have won them anyway?

You don't even have to worry about that because the whole subject is nonsense, complete jibberish. The press have gotten a lot of things right in recent months and personally, I think they're trying to take advantage of our situation and the fact that they got a few scoops right. They're really starting to take the piss though.

You don't even have to worry about that because the whole subject is nonsense, complete jibberish. The press have gotten a lot of things right in recent months and personally, I think they're trying to take advantage of our situation and the fact that they got a few scoops right. They're really starting to take the piss though.

Yeah, the poppy thing the baby rapists have started is disgusting, and i'm glad to see that the Poppy people were quick to quash it. I don't pay much attention to the Bheats, i can name three people involved with them, Lemmon, Brown and Lewell, i genuinely could not name any other player for them, what their results have been. When one sends a tweet to me i block them instantly, although one did bite off more then he could chew with me the other night then rage blocked me, that was nice.

But this poppy thing is total utter ambulance chasing at it's worse. These people have made a terrible life decision supporting a company with such a horrific history of terror support and child rape and the fall out of that.

Yet have all of a sudden taken the moral high ground with us, become offended at everything we say, and seem to know more about the laws of Scotland better than the Police and law makers themselves.

I would hate to be offended in the way they are by songs at a football match. If that is how fragile they are then i'd hate to see them out in the big bad world, they're going to struggle. I've been lucky in life to have travelled extensively, i must be touching 100 countries visited now. I've seen some horrific sights in my life that have brought me to tears, yet these people are offended by words at a football stadium. if they'd been outwith their postcode and seen some of the World they'd have topped themselves by now.

Roughly 200 meters from where i sit now there's a big "camp" Houses made out of corrugated iron with kids running around that probably eat once a day. I drive past that VERY quickly as it does tweak my heart strings. I've never go used to seeing that kind of thing (in Thailand the "poor" can live right next to better off people, it's very normal and we all get on fine)

These last few months have proved to us that the shadow we cast over them is far bigger than any of us could have imagined.

The more i think about all this the more i personally wish rangers would liquidise and apply for entry into the bottom tear of the english league and work our way up to the EPL