Player and staff redundancies expected on Friday

Just a thought regarding the high wage recently awarded to Whittaker.

Could this unusually high award have been made to offset a higher saving if he were to be paid off ?

Eg pay off 2 players at 10k each or 1 at 20k

Whyte handed out a bunch of bumper new contracts in the summer and the only way I can make sense of him doing it looking at all the info we have is that he wanted to increase the number and value of creditors ahead of an administration event because he wouldn't want HMRC to be more than 25% of the total creditors. There's no other explanation for me because nobody in their right mind would have given Whittaker such a massive salary increase unless there was such a reason. The combined total value of the Whittaker, McGregor & Davis contracts in full will now be well over £10m.

I think we need some new focus and freshness when we get going again. I'd be extremely happy if we never played or heard of that lot again. I will never utter that OF term again, and I think that Auchenhowie should be renamed.

I'd be happy doing Division 3 with some young blood. As long as we had the bit between our teeth and got great crowds. I don't think it would be helpful at all to our reputation to ask for favours.

We're in a hard place, but if we stick together, we will pull thropugh and still be the Rangers, and still be the most successful Scottish Club wherever we play.

Whyte handed out a bunch of bumper new contracts in the summer and the only way I can make sense of him doing it looking at all the info we have is that he wanted to increase the number and value of creditors ahead of an administration event because he wouldn't want HMRC to be more than 25% of the total creditors. There's no other explanation for me because nobody in their right mind would have given Whittaker such a massive salary increase unless there was such a reason. The combined total value of the Whittaker, McGregor & Davis contracts in full will now be well over £10m.

One little piece of the jigsaw to make the business unsustainable. A side effect would have been that we thought he was on our side.

One little piece of the jigsaw to make the business unsustainable.

We'll find out when the player cuts are announced because if I'm right, then unfortunately we could see some of the clubs major player assets being released.

From the Record: AN entire team of 11 Rangers players will be axed this morning.......Ali Russell and director of football Gordon Smith were axed last week, the cull begins in earnest today.......The fact is only those players with high residual values, players like Steve Davis, Allan McGregor and Steven Naismith, can be certain of avoiding the axe when it falls this morning.

I'm not doubting for one minute there will be redundancies, but then again I'm probably listening to guessing media crap...look at that awful pish the Daily Rhebel above has put out this morning what a load of cods wallop that bullshitting paper sells to those with loose change. Fuckin' RAG.

Rangers players may have to accept up to a 75% wage cut if they are to stave off the threat of immediate job cuts.

STV understands the squad have been offered three options by administrators over the severity of the restructuring at the club.

Manager Ally McCoist joined his players in a lengthy meeting at Murray Park on Thursday, with representatives from PFA Scotland and administrators Duff and Phelps also present.

It is understood the first option tabled would see every player keep their job but accepting an instant pay cut of up to 75%.

Option two would see some players leave the club, with a 50% wage cut applied immediately to those who are kept on.

The most swingeing action would see 11 players lose their jobs immediately, with those remaining taking a less severe wage cut.

STV has learned the players will mull over their decision overnight, before reaching an agreement on Friday. If the squad can not reach a consensus, the administrator will make the final decision.

It is also understood the management team of McCoist, Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall are all prepared to take major pay cuts to help preserve jobs.

PFA Scotland president Tony Higgins, chief executive Fraser Wishart and their lawyer were all present at Murray Park for talks, with representatives Jack Ross and Stuart Lovell also in attendance throughout the day.

Administrators Duff and Phelps were expected to announce redundancies on Thursday, before announcing their final decision had been delayed with “discussions… ongoing regarding potential cost saving measures”.

The majority of McCoist’s first team squad trained ahead of their weekend game with Hearts prior to their meeting, minus Carlos Bocanegra, Maurice Edu and Dorin Goian, who did return from international duty in time.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/299497-rangers-players-given-option-to-prevent-redundancies/

This is possibly a really silly question but are you allowed to sack anyone who is on sick leave. I ask because you are not here, otherwise boss's would offload people who are long term sick. Whether Players are put on sick leave is another point I suppose. I would imagine there is some kind of insurance being used.

I think sacking injured players would be ok. They are still required to attend the club every day for physio & remediation. I don't see much difference between an injured player "working" and a fringe player attending everyday even though the chances are that they wont play. I don't see it as the same as you or I taking 2 weeks off work & lying on the couch watching Jeremy Kyle. :D

Several years ago I was at a meeting at Ibrox and asked SDM why we couldn't blood more youngsters in the same way as Stuttgart built a championship winning team in Germany. His answer was that the fans would not wear the 2/3seasons it would take without success to build a winning team from the youths.

Well, now (very regrettably) seems like the time to do it. A nucleus of experience in the form of McGregor, Bocanegra, Goian (hopefully), Wallace (would that it were Papac but seems unlikely) Davis, Edu and McCulloch, with younger players like Cole, Perry, Hutton, Ness (if fit) Little, Hemmings, Wylde etc looks like the way forward to me.

Edited by BrahimHemdani