Player and staff redundancies expected on Friday

Chin up mate I know it's hard but we will come back from this never let the Bastards get you down.

Rangers aren't just a club, we are an idea that four lads started in a public park and as long as that idea never dies there will always be a Rangers and we will always support them. WATP

IF there were to be a "new" Rangers, it too would only exist because oof "four lads" etc

Del i don't know how this works, it's information from guys like you that will influence me. But if we start from scratch as a brand new team with no history, then i'm afraid i'm gonna find it hard to support them.

But if it's as simple as you make it out to be then i'll still be here

Impossible for a "new" club to exist without the present Club.

Sorry mate but I can't understand your logic.

Guest Dutchy
Maybe, or maybe it's the end of one club and the start of another. Maybe fans of Airdrie Utd/Airdrieonians would be handy in terms of their views.

Jim Traynor is an Airdrie fan, and he seems to still support the newly formed club. The only diffirence with their situation and ours is that they took Clydebanks restration, who's do we take, Rangers'???

STV update, some nasty options here

Rangers players may have to accept up to a 75% wage cut if they are to stave off the threat of immediate job cuts.

STV understands the squad have been offered three options by administrators over the severity of the restructuring at the club.

Manager Ally McCoist joined his players in a lengthy meeting at Murray Park on Thursday, with representatives from PFA Scotland and administrators Duff and Phelps also present.

It is understood the first option tabled would see every player keep their job but accepting an instant pay cut of up to 75%.

Option two would see some players leave the club, with a 50% wage cut applied immediately to those who are kept on.

The most swingeing action would see 11 players lose their jobs immediately, with those remaining taking a less severe wage cut.

STV has learned the players will mull over their decision overnight, before reaching an agreement on Friday. If the squad can not reach a consensus, the administrator will make the final decision.

It is also understood the management team of McCoist, Ian Durrant and Kenny McDowall are all prepared to take major pay cuts to help preserve jobs.

PFA Scotland president Tony Higgins, chief executive Fraser Wishart and their lawyer were all present at Murray Park for talks, with representatives Jack Ross and Stuart Lovell also in attendance throughout the day.

Administrators Duff and Phelps were expected to announce redundancies on Thursday, before announcing their final decision had been delayed with “discussions… ongoing regarding potential cost saving measures”.

The majority of McCoist’s first team squad trained ahead of their weekend game with Hearts prior to their meeting, minus Carlos Bocanegra, Maurice Edu and Dorin Goian, who did return from international duty in time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig Whyte has claimed that millions netted from sales of Rangers season tickets and player sales are “still with the club”.

The Rangers owner was tracked down by STV as he entered the offices of Duff and Phelps, the firm that has been appointed as administrators for the Ibrox club.

In his appearance on camera since the club went into administration, Mr Whyte claimed that his financial stewardship of Rangers would be vindicated.

Asked why had “misled fans” and kept secret a deal with Ticketus to sell future season tickets in return for £24m, he said: “I've bigger financial commitments to Rangers than anyone else and I'm working very hard to get Rangers out of administration.”

Asked where season ticket money and the proceeds from the sale of Nikica Jelavic was, he replied: “Every penny is in the club, every penny has been accounted for. All that will be confirmed in due course.”

After taking over the club administrators said that they did not have “visibility” of the Ticketus money and have since confirmed that the money did not go into Rangers’ books.

Instead they say it was used to pay off £18m debt to Lloyds Banking Group, allowing Mr Whyte to complete his takeover of the club.

They said the remaining money was not with the club but was in the accounts of Mr Whyte’s solicitors Collyer Bristow.

There is understood to be a dispute over whether these funds should be released to Rangers.

Administrators are expected to announce on Friday that the extent of cuts to playing and other staff at Ibrox.

Mr Whyte said: “I've got enormous sympathy for anyone about to lose their job but it's part of solving a problem that is not of my making."

I need one thing clarified, and it's something Craig pointed out a while back - did Celtic actually end up in administration or did McCann save them from it and start running them with a new company?

No they were not in administration. No, McCann did not start running them with a new company.