Is it time to revisit the subject of selling stadium naming rights?

Just wondering what you all think about this subject now that we're in a pretty dire situation financially?

Stadium naming rights is something which provides a large amount of sponsorship income to clubs down south and it's commonplace in Germany and other countries too. It's HUGE in America, so why not here? Why not now?

With our SPL tv money deal being so poor, we really need to find new commercial revenue streams to supplement our income and try to get the club running within it's means. Selling the stadium naming rights could be a massive step towards that.

Just imagine if we could get telecoms company Orange to give us £3m a year for 20 years and in exchange Ibrox became known as The Orange stadium or similar, but Rangers fans obviously still referred to it as Ibrox. Would that not be a cracking deal?? :coolio:

Just wondering what you all think about this subject now that we're in a pretty dire situation financially?

Stadium naming rights is something which provides a large amount of sponsorship income to clubs down south and it's commonplace in Germany and other countries too. It's HUGE in America, so why not here? Why not now?

With our SPL tv money deal being so poor, we really need to find new commercial revenue streams to supplement our income and try to get the club running within it's means. Selling the stadium naming rights could be a massive step towards that.

Just imagine if we could get telecoms company Orange to give us £3m a year for 20 years and in exchange Ibrox became known as The Orange stadium or similar, but Rangers fans obviously still referred to it as Ibrox. Would that not be a cracking deal?? :coolio:

Why The Orange Stadium?:smokin:

Seriously though, I'm sure most fans would accept that,depending on the actual name of course

I would hope we would generate more than £60m over 20 years though tbh.

I think we need to be realistic about it. Given our own current situation as a club and the general attractiveness of Scottish football to sponsors and investors, getting a £60m deal over 20 years would probably be a stroke of genuis because we could actually struggle to get that much.

I was reading an article about the top 10 stadium naming rights deals in America for baseball and American football teams and £60m over 20 years would be roughly equal to the bottom few stadiums in that top 10. Slightly less, but not by much at all, so that tells me that it wouldn't be a bad deal for us at that sort of revenue level. In fact, I think it would be a great deal.

I think we need to be realistic about it. Given our own current situation as a club and the general attractiveness of Scottish football to sponsors and investors, getting a £60m deal over 20 years would probably be a stroke of genuis because we could actually struggle to get that much.

I was reading an article about the top 10 stadium naming rights deals in America for baseball and American football teams and £60m over 20 years would be roughly equal to the bottom few stadiums in that top 10. Slightly less, but not by much at all, so that tells me that it wouldn't be a bad deal for us at that sort of revenue level. In fact, I think it would be a great deal.

Not when the club is as well known as Rangers is, if the brand wants promoted it should be about the amount of coverage it gets, not the quality of league. The league might be shitty but our club is/was on TV regularly, plays in Europe, has 30,000+ spectators every week & is one of the most well known clubs in the world. If thats not worth £7-£10m a year then I don't know what is :D

I was admittedly totally against it but I think in this day of age we have to keep up with modern times and get every commercial deal we can. It would actually be quite funny if Orange wanted to do a piggery deal as well and the tims had to go to the orange stadium. That is one commercial deal they would turn down I think.:smile:

Not when the club is as well known as Rangers is, if the brand wants promoted it should be about the amount of coverage it gets, not the quality of league. The league might be shitty but our club is/was on TV regularly, plays in Europe, has 30,000+ spectators every week & is one of the most well known clubs in the world. If thats not worth £7-£10m a year then I don't know what is :D

Nothing wrong with dreaming mate! :)