Money that has been wasted on the park

Few threads about where some money has disappeared to, but Iâ??d like to see what sort of numbers has been wasted on players down the years due to poor management and poor scouting system by bringing these players who:

1) Werenâ??t good enough

2) Players we will never know if they were good enough for not settling or not played in correct positions or not getting chance

3) Players who did sign but whoâ??s feeâ??s were excessive

Iâ??ve drawn up this list of players, some current but mainly all former players. This list does back to the late 90s when spending started to peak. I ran most of them off the top of my head but then did a search on others.

Iâ??d really like to see what it cost RFC on signing fee's, agent feeâ??s and wages on this list of players that was simply like throwing money away, it would probably be a scary amount and worrying because it shows that something was wrong top to bottom under 6 managers. A lot of them wonâ??t have cost much in football terms but when they all add it certainly would be a high amount.

Its not 100% always the football managers fault, ok they pick the players but some has to come down to the owners who sanctioned the signings and of course some of these players will have to take some blame for not turning up.

I know some on here wont agree about everyone on this list but is shows how many players we have had that just had short stays at Ibrox and the tally up of signing on feeâ??s, transfer fees, wages, agent bonuses would be scary. I cant comment on all players but have commented on some.

Michael Ball â?? Decent player but over priced and probably over paid.

James Beattie â?? Horror signing from a past it. The decision to sign him for over 1 million rather than take Novo back was terrible.

Ale Bedoya â?? Hasnt featured and cost us a signing on fee and wage when times were at its worst.

Olivier Bernard â?? Waste of wage and fees

Jerome Bonnissel

Nuno Capucho â?? Mass failure.

Jeremy Clement

Dan Eggen

Pierre-FanFan

Amdy Faye â?? Failure

Tore Andre Flo â?? The most infamous and often talked about signing, the 12m price tag wasnt his fault and I dont think he was necessary a bad player but the price tag sticks.

Marcus Gayle â?? Why did we sign him.

Alan Gow

Fanny Jeffers â?? Mass Failure

Jani Kauppila

Lionel Letizi

Filippo Maniero â?? never kicked a ball.

Matt McKay â?? Latest signing who cant seem to get a game.

Dragan Mladenovic â?? 1 million signing who didnâ??t even look like a player.

Makhtar Nâ??Diaye

Dany Nâ??Guessan

Fed Nieto â?? Liked this guy, scored about 5 goals in a few games then disappeared, why didnt he stay!!

Juan Manual Ortiz â?? Poor signing this summer but played out of position.

Egil Ostenstad â?? Captain of our worst signings XI

Jerome Rothen â?? Bizarre one, came promising, played on wrong wing and was kicked back to France.

Tero Penttila

Daniel Prodan â?? Was a quality defender pre injury but why were we ever allowed to sign a guy who clearly wasnt going to kick a ball again.

Julien Rodriguez

Filip Sebo â?? Felt he should have featured a bit more.

Lionel Sionko

Paolo Vanoil

Gregory Vignal

Andy Webster â?? Imposter and this has been shown after he played so many games while out on loan and since moving on. Davie Weir missed less games than Webster played in 5 years.

Daniel Prodan – Was a quality defender pre injury but why were we ever allowed to sign a guy who clearly wasnt going to kick a ball again.

From memory....was he not a similar case to Webster. Struggled with constant "injury", then when sold/released miraculously recovered, played regularly for his new club and regained an international spot....

I gave up my season ticket the season before Advocaat came. I had been in hospital and was on the sick, so paying the huge wages for the players Rangers had was becoming too much for me. I did attend about 30+ games in Advocaats first year, but that was just as financially crippling.

I stopped attending mainly because of my fjnances were dropping at the very moment our club, and a few others, especially in England were spending like madmen. It's all very well being clever after the event, but I never liked the direction the game was taking with all this money. I have no evidence I was thinking this, therefore I can't offer any proof that there was a feeling all was going to fall down round about us, and football in general, but it has come to pass and now we have to get out of it.

The happiest thing Dick Advocaat done was convince Murray to build a trainiing complex. But building the complex is not any good if you don't believe in the principle of the thing. Another £14 million wasted by the loads of money culture.

Maybe we should bring in politicians to sort out the problems. Oh, we've already tried that with Henry Mcleish giving us his opinions, and taking his silver.

I don't see much point in going over and over the past. We know we fucked up, it's the future that we should be concentrating on.