Willie McKay attacks Rangers, and Whyte in particular

Willie McKay, the agent for striker Daniel Cousin, is frustrated at the pace of the deal to bring the Gabon international back to Rangers.

"I'm waiting for a call from Craig Whyte. It's very slow," he said.

"I feel sorry for Ally [McCoist] because when [former owner] David Murray was in charge things happened. Five minutes later, you were there."

If McKay is to be believed, this looks like it's not going to happen.

"He can go elsewhere for three times the money but he fancied having Rangers Football Club back on his CV in probably his last season in football," said McKay.

"The boy is happy to come back but they have offered him 25% of what he was on in his last contract at Ibrox.

"They offered £7,500 then they came back and said 'we'll give you five grand a week'.

"It's only 10 weeks.

"Ally is doing his very best. I feel sorry for him."

Asked how dealing with the current Ibrox hierarchy compared to Murray's time in charge, McKay said: "I phoned up Alex McLeish about Jean-Alain Boumsong [in 2004].

"Five minutes later I was on my way to an airport in Lyon, on a private jet into Edinburgh, picked up by Sandy Jardine, job done.

"That's the difference."

If you can't believe an agent, let alone one like Willie McKay, what's the world coming to eh?

As for those quotes.....

Asked how dealing with the current Ibrox hierarchy compared to Murray's time in charge, McKay said: "I phoned up Alex McLeish about Jean-Alain Boumsong [in 2004].

"Five minutes later I was on my way to an airport in Lyon, on a private jet into Edinburgh, picked up by Sandy Jardine, job done.

"That's the difference."

Why ask about how different it was 8 years ago? Not shit stirring or looking for a cheap dig while making the pervious regime look good by any chance?

Boumsong? Not one thing about that deal stunk to high heaven, no sire.

Of course people like him like SDM and won't say a bad word about him because he was chucking money around like he was the sultan of brunei. I shudder to think at how much agents like McKay have made out of deals involving Rangers over the last decade.