A horrendous summation. Who would disagree ?

Murray payed 6 mill for the club i believe. He also covered a 50mill share issue.

The asking price for the club is 70 mill+ i also believe. He sold off all catering to his own company and sold the albion to his son for a peanut.

David Murray will only have made money from Rangers and have robbed us of most of our assets. We don't owe him anything.

Exactly, add to that which many fans dont know.... the shares issue is a loan to the club i believe, so he'll be getting that back too.

The share issue isn't a loan to Rangers FC, however presumably for some accountancy reasons MIM have loaned Murrays holding company for his Rangers shares.

I believe Frankie is correct when he says Murray has payed about 70 million for Rangers. There have been several small share issues and he's bought shares off of others too.

I don't know how much he, his son and his companies have made out of Rangers but over 20 years it must be in the region of 70 million, not to mention how much his profile/fame as chairman/owner has brought to his businesses.

PPS I bet he was loving it when at one point Rangers were reckoned to be worth about 200M.

But it is he who is solely responsible for the present value of the club.

BTW the book price of the club is about 80-90M when you subtract liabilities from the assets. However I think much of the real estate assets are over valued.

It's such a depressing read - cos it's true.

Will naturally still support my team but at the moment it's difficult to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Maybe we will have another European winning Streak and do well like last year??

The thing about that article is that there's quite a few paragraphs which really sum up exactly what the problems seem to be at the moment.

The worrying thing for me is that under PLG we seem to be having a lot of the same problems that we had under AM. If we ignore the off the field stuff for a minute, maybe we just need a big clear out of players? A lot of the players starting week in week out are still from the AM era and if they couldn't do it for him, why should they do it for PLG?

Sadly, everything in the article was pretty much spot on.

Some talk of a clearout of the squad. That's fine if you have a few million to spend. We don't.

If some money was to become available, I doubt it would be enough to bring in the quality PLG obviously needs to start playing at a decent and consistent level.

Unforunately at this moment in time he doesn't look as if he has what it takes to get players of the standard of the present squad to perform at the required level for Rangers and the SPL.

The footballing philosophy that brought him great success in France is clearly not working in the SPL. Some soul searching and a realisation that his own footballing ideals have to change if he's going to take this team forward.

I've said before Man U hadn't won the league in 20 years so they were a totally different kettle of fish and could be far more patient. At the time there were about 4 or 5 teams able to win the league so winning the league every 4 or 5 years seems fine. We're in a duopoly league and so need to win the league every other year - and we didn't win it last year.

Besides how long did it take Souness to turn it around? Or even Eck for that matter? How long did it take O'Neil and Strachan?

If Man U was a racing car, you would be able to bring the car into the pitstop take their time and rebuild the engine and chassis. If Rangers was a racing car you'd have to do the same thing at close to top speed...

However, Man U are now used to winning and in the same boat - look at the stick Fergie got last year for finishing SECOND, and that was to a team who have spent well over £200M.

To my mind, if you take over a team in the league where you have pretty much 10 times the wage budget and tranfer budget than all your competitors bar one who has the same and another who has a quarter of your budget, then even as an average manager you'd expect to be able to beat everyone except Hearts where you'd expect most of the points and Celtic where you'd expect close to half the points.

Look what George Burley did in 10 games on a fraction of PLG's budget...

Yes the manager needs time, but he cannot excape criticism for being very poor for the first third of the season - the poorest at Rangers for over 20 years. He has obviously made BIG mistakes, HUGE, and he needs to learn from them very quickly.