Piara Powar Branded a Racist?

Must admit...it wasn't a term I had heard before. My first instinct was that it was a lot of fuss over nothing. However when then article explained the meaning, I was pretty surprised.

It's clear that he can no longer maintain his position!!! but then again, is it still classed a racism when it refers to someone of the same race etc???

As I've metioned before, when he was at KIO he didn't have a problem stereotyping Jewish people either.

Not the sort of person you would want in an anti-racism organisation.

Stereotyping isn't racism though. It's ignorance, and generalisation, but it's not strictly always racism.

Yes, very interesting, but just wait for the big broom to sweep it all under the carpet.

It may, or may not be racist, but it is certainly an insult for one Asian to call another Asian a coconut.

Stereotyping isn't racism though. It's ignorance, and generalisation, but it's not strictly always racism.

Racism - "belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement". That's what Powar did in my example, albeit basing it on religion rather than race.

I'd also suggest that the above article where he calls someone a derogitory name based on their colour is racist. He's accuing the guy of having a white man's attitude, as if it was an inferior attitude.

You may have a different definition of what is racist and what's not but it's splitting hairs and he should be made to stand down for it.

Is that not bigotry then Bluedell. I would rather he got done for bigotry than racism, there may be a chance to appeal our punishment from UEFA. At least lift the threat of more action in the coming years.