Rangers sign Daniel Cousin

Guest mccoist9

If it means giving us more options up front then we have to go for it.

Admittedly the big chap was guilty of economy of effort on several occassions and was a loose cannon (I still think we'd have been better placed against Zenit with him up front rather than Darcheville) but on his day he was unplayable (remember how he ran amok against the Celtic back four in both the 4-2 game at their place in 08/09 and in the 3-0 game at Ibrox a year earlier. He was also superb in Lyon in the 07/08 CL).

Now I know that was four years ago but I still think the big man can do a job for us even if it is only on a deal to the end of the season.

What's the alternative? Healy and Lafferty (when he gets fit) or Kerkar and Little???? The lad Hemmings might come in and do the business now he's fit again but its a big ask of a young lad to expect that he'll get the goals we need to keep in touch at the top of the table.

But lamenting about it each and every time we are not linked to a super-star will not change it ...

People are entitled to voice their opinions without constantly being patronised for doing so.

But lamenting about it each and every time we are not linked to a super-star will not change it ...

I agree mate. it's taken me a while to actually get it into my thick head. This is it, this is where we are now so shut up and get on with it (aimed at myself BTW)

We need options, and TBH i actually hope he bloody well signs now as we don't need yet another "trialist" type situation. I just hope we give him pay as you play as that will hopefully make sure he keeps up to a good enough level to keep his place in the team. I fear if we sign him on a monthly wage he'll not give a fuck

I agree mate. it's taken me a while to actually get it into my thick head. This is it, this is where we are now so shut up and get on with it (aimed at myself BTW)

I'd be happy enough if the club clearly showed we have to sell players to balance the books and can't afford to replace them - other than promote youth. I've wanted the club to cut its cloth accordingly for years to avoid running up huge debts. No issues with that at all.

What I do have an issue with is the bizarre strategy of making daft low bids for players beyond our reach. Then, not having a similar replacement in mind if (or rather when) said bid fails. To suggest people are unhappy because we're not signing super-stars is laughable.

Anyway, apologies, forgot we're not allowed to 'lament' about such weird business strategies. :D

Edited by Frankie

People are entitled to voice their opinions without constantly being patronised for doing so.

Not patronising, Sir, just stating the obvious. What does it help if we go on and on and on about the very same thing ... apart that it drags all ever more deeper into the gloom and doom levels. We know that before the HMRC thing is done there will not be major signings or improvements ... for very obvious reasons. The sooner we acknowledge this, live with it (FOR THE TIME BEING) and get on with it, the better. The team has shown pre the Cup game that it is good enough for the SPL, for the time being. Hemmings comes back ... and with Broadfoot at least someone who can play at right back at an SPL level. The more decent enough people we get in the better. IMHO Cousin will be decent enough, for say 6 months. By then we're either in administration or we are not, but that is then, not now. Now we face the Pars on the weekend.

Edited by der Berliner