Celik could cost rangers nothing - Rangers in compensation row

Had the said fee already been agreed between the clubs?,if so then it would be wrong to not pay.

Dont think so. Is it not UEFA that determine how much the training compensation should be ? I thought there was some kind of formula for it rather than agreeing a training compensation fee. I am probably wrong though.

Dont think so. Is it not UEFA that determine how much the training compensation should be ? I thought there was some kind of formula for it rather than agreeing a training compensation fee. I am probably wrong though.

The article states : The Light Blues were expected to have to pay £200,000 in compensation for the Swedish under-21 winger.

I don't think we should pay, as without a written contract offer there is no real proof of intent to re-sign the player. The verbal offer could have just been lip-service to make the claim for compensation. I doubt another club in financial difficulty would gift us the money if we made the same mistake.

If this is true I'd say we should offer them at least half as a goodwill gesture.

It avoids the bad press and the possibility of it being brought before FIFA where we might have to pay more.

Not to mention the player himself. He might not care less about his old club for all we know, but they did develop him as a player and chances are he wouldn't like to see them being screwed by us.