Iâ??m having to clear up mess made by you lot

RAGING Rangers chief Craig Whyte last night launched a blistering attack on the former directors he says took the club to the brink of COLLAPSE.

The Ibrox chairman hit back after being accused of using season ticket cash to finance his regime.

Whyte was slated by ex-chairman Alastair Johnston and directors John McClelland and Paul Murray who put the boot into the man in charge of the troubled SPL champs.

Now in a stunning SunSport exclusive he has fired back and rapped: "They have all been sitting there for years making a financial mess of Rangers.

Now they are throwing stones at the man who is in trying to clear it up!

"They are slagging me off but where was Paul Murray when the club was up for sale for three years?

"How much money did Alastair Johnston put into Rangers?"

In a sensational twist Whyte revealed that former chairman McClelland and ex- chief executive Martin Bain had Employee Benefit Trusts â?? the controversial schemes that have plunged the club into their tax crisis.

Whyte said: "They took big salaries out and operated a tax scheme that has driven this club to the brink.

"There is no question that there is a vendetta against me by the old board. They wanted the club to themselves and I spoiled their plans.

"Now instead of getting on with their lives their anger is increasing.

"These guys don't get a hard time and I find that unbelievable. Some people are rewriting history and saying they did a good job.

"What planet are those people living on?"

The old Gers hierarchy have lined up to voice fears over Whyte's Rangers regime as the £6million sale of top scorer Nikica Jelavic to Everton with no replacement brought in leaves fans fretting over the future.

But Whyte countered: "I wasn't surprised by the outbursts as certain people have been sniping since Day One.

"I was disappointed, though, to see John Greig and John McClelland being negative about the club."

Greatest Ever Ranger Greig quit his work as a director and ambassador claiming he had become isolated under the new regime.

He said he found it "disturbing" that season ticket cash was being sold off and insisted: "It is painful when I see what is happening."

Whyte, though, feels that Greig should not have been laying into the club as they face one of their toughest ever battles.

The Gers chief said: "It is very disappointing because I consider John Greig to be a true Rangers legend.

"I understand his concerns, we have a big job to do, I make no bones about that.

"I always felt John and I had a decent relationship so, yes, his involvement in particular was disappointing."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4103170/Im-having-to-clear-up-mess-made-by-you-lot.html#ixzz1lDXaTX7q