From Inside the Director's Box.....

......I'm told that Davy Weir's wages were "only" £10k/week not £15k as I previously reported and that (as was well known) Fleck was on £4k. So savings of £14k/week.

Celik is on half of that, £7k, leaving a net reduction of the same amount.

Jaager was offered £2k/week and promptly pissed of back to Estonia.

Muslimović didn't hang around long enough to get an offer.

That's all good and well saying that,but how do you know this?

What happened to the days when guys wanted to play for their team regardless of pay?

Fuck those mercenaries of today....I'd play for Rangers for nowt and score a few (well maybe 40 years ago) but I never got the chance to play for my heroes nowadays there are too many c**ts want the dosh to kick a ball about the park with no interest in the club they earn their wages for.

Jelavic, is one player who I'd love Ally to ship the f**k out of Ibrox

Wasn't Healy said to be on £4k.

I was under the impression that Healy is well set up for life after being in the EPL et al for so long. He was willing to crawl over glass to come here and will not have wanted a large wage. (And methinks there was actually an article or two telling us his approx. wages.)

As for the OP's article ... I take anything on a board with a pinch (up to bowl) of salt. No disrespect to BH here, but "insight knowledge from the director's box", how likely is that? An how likely is it that the informer is talking "the truth"? Hence, I have my reservations for any kind of rumour and, for the time being, take Ally's word that the deal is not dead yet (unless Jaager signs for someone else). On a sidenote, 2k/week makes 8k a month makes 100k a year. Did he get that in Norway. Then again, I'd assume that this would have been a deal for 6 months or the like.

What's the information/rumours/speculation regarding the supposed return of SDM to Rangers?

He turned up at Murray Park the other day for an appointment with the club doctor. Leggo saying its because Murray struggles with access to the doc's West End practice so it was held there, which I think is significantly more plausible than the suggestions that Murray is working his ticket back to the club.

As for the OP's article ... I take anything on a board with a pinch (up to bowl) of salt. No disrespect to BH here, but "insight knowledge from the director's box", how likely is that? An how likely is it that the informer is talking "the truth"? Hence, I have my reservations for any kind of rumour and, for the time being, take Ally's word that the deal is not dead yet (unless Jaager signs for someone else). On a sidenote, 2k/week makes 8k a month makes 100k a year. Did he get that in Norway. Then again, I'd assume that this would have been a deal for 6 months or the like.

As I said in response to #12 "The informant has business connections with certain parties at Ibrox and is a regular in the Director's Box." That said I agree that the Jaager deal is not dead for the reasons you state. I think that the word missing from Ally's comments yesterday was "We weren't in a position to make him a worthwhile offer".

Looking at Bartley's ponderous performance again today, I think that if I was Ally I'd being saying to Mr Whyte, let's offer Jaager £3k/week.

Was Davie's pay as you play? Same question for Healy?

£2k for Jaager? He is wanting £3.5k and we pushed the boat out with Celik.

Still peeved at the lack of strikers being looked at bar the Nigerian lad who had 1 day and the Muslimovic who seems a bit up himself.

UPDATE: I believe you may be correct that in Davy Weir's case at least the difference between the two figures was pay per play i.e. £10k/basic and £5k (or more) pay per play.