From Inside the Director's Box.....

......I'm told that Davy Weir's wages were "only" £10k/week not £15k as I previously reported and that (as was well known) Fleck was on £4k. So savings of £14k/week.

Celik is on half of that, £7k, leaving a net reduction of the same amount.

Jaager was offered £2k/week and promptly pissed of back to Estonia.

Muslimović didn't hang around long enough to get an offer.

Was Davie's pay as you play? Same question for Healy?

£2k for Jaager? He is wanting £3.5k and we pushed the boat out with Celik.

Still peeved at the lack of strikers being looked at bar the Nigerian lad who had 1 day and the Muslimovic who seems a bit up himself.

Was Davie's pay as you play? Same question for Healy?

Not so far as I aware.

I was told some months back (and reported here) that between Weir, Healy and Beattie, the total was staggering £50k/week (and Rangers did everything to try to shift all three in the summer) which is why I wrongly assumed that Weir was on c.£15k. I'm going to check this out again but if Weir was on £10k (which does sound more realistic), goodness knows what Beattie was on, never mind Healy.

So far as I can remember Beattie never scored a goal for us (other than in a friendly with Falkirk?) and I don't think he's scored for anyone in the past two years.; but his current manager Danny Wilson of Sheffield Utd says

(He is) great to have around and if his presence has kept the other strikers on their toes then great. He gives everyone a lift and when James comes on the roar that goes up is brilliant. Heâ??s not played as much as heâ??d have liked but he has made an impact when heâ??s come on.

:sad:

Saw Beattie got sent off last weekend, great player :rolleyes:. I was never for his signing and was proved correct, injury prone etc.

If Healy is on £15k-£20k a week I will feel very mad, why bother when somebody young and more capable player could have been used with that wage. I know Beattie would have been on a high wage at Stoke so we would have picked up a fair whack of that.

Edited by metlika

There isn't much joy going and optimism going about, poor on the park, poor off the park. That is why there is so many threads with a negative outlook.

Hopefully Celik will turn out to be a bargain in terms of wages and can give us the kick start we need but the thought of Healy as the Lone Striker doesn't fill one with great optimism and the thought of Healy & McCulloch is even worse.