Kyle Lafferty: My sectarian abuse every day

That's not the case though is it.

2 pages just because someone was being an attention seeker might be more appropriate. There is only one natural conclusion to the intent of that post and frankly it was childish.

Attention seeking on an internet forum? OK then.

What was childish about my post? It was an honest comment. Maybe the truth hurts some people?!?!

Attention seeking on an internet forum? OK then.

What was childish about my post? It was an honest comment. Maybe the truth hurts some people?!?!

We all know we have muppets in our support, but why does it have to be first thing out your mouth when a story about their muppets attacking Laff is posted.

And on the whole the Rangers support doesn't lower itself to the mhanky hordes level and to suggest we do is just wrong.

Edited by GovanAllan

What happened to Lafferty was shocking, and shows the level a lot of football 'fans' will go to to 'hate' players from their rivals - attacking both him and his fiance is taking things to a new low.

We've seen death threats against Novo, abuse against Dallas after the coin throwing incident, bullets posted to Lennon and the list disgustingly goes on.

I think Gav's getting a hard time in this thread, and maybe a bit unfairly. I doubt there's a single person who honestly believes he didn't condemn what happened to Lafferty and mrs, although he probably would accept that the misunderstanding might have been helped if he'd posted that too.

He is right that there's shits on both sides though, and the whole situation depresses me.

That people will attack a pregnant woman in the name of football is showing how ill our society is.

While it seems the topic has change within the thread, I have to point out that the article carefully avoids to mention the allegiances of the attackers. Nothing unexpected, but duly notable.

This seems to be a new trend - same happened with the 2 guys who ended up in court over the bullet thing. The press seems to be being a little more careful not to just assume it was a rival fan who did it. Or...more, accurately perhaps, not to explicitly say in their report that it 'was a rival fan'.