Kyle Lafferty: My sectarian abuse every day

Guest superrcooper7

Only just read this, 2 pages just because someone had the audacity to say we have a scum element too.

I think we do, I think the majority of teams do.

Glad Lafferty acted responsibly and tried to ensure the safety of his fiance and also agree the brick thrower is lower than scum.

I haven't read to much else about this incident, papers or online which seems to suggest it hasn't received the same coverage it would had it been Lennon for example. Maybe another topic and sorry anyway for jumping in.

Again, where have I defended what the Celtic fans did? Please, show me. Where have I said that it's "no big deal"?

Jumping. The. Gun.

The manner of your comment implied a flipant attitude. Even though you didn't say anything to defend septic fans your comment could easily cause people to infer that you're being unsumpathetic, which it has and which you've now had to spend your time, and other with your defence.

The fact is there's a trial going on here and nobody knows what the outcome will be. Guilty or innocent, except your implication seems to say because we have bampots, then what's the trouble with it.

I'll wait for the judge/jury to decide and hope that there is a big spread in the press/media on the result. We could speculate however on whether how much coverage the result gets in the media depending on what happens.

Lafferty doesn't seem to say that he saw the guy throw the stone and as I'm sure you know, even an average lawyer could get an innocent result due to lack of evidence.

Only just read this, 2 pages just because someone had the audacity to say we have a scum element too.

Is this because some people had the audacity to complain about what was, whether by design or not, a provocative post which required more explanation to give it a lot more tact?

I think we do, I think the majority of teams do.

We do but stating it pretty much irrelevantly and without qualification at the wrong time is always going to get a rise. I'd be more surprised if there wasn't a reaction to a comment like that...

Sometimes people have to realise that what they mean and what people interpret as their meaning can be two different things - which is probably why I'm so verbose most of the time.

If you're gong to be concise, you have to be succinct or be prepared for the backlash...

That's not the case though is it.

2 pages just because someone was being an attention seeker might be more appropriate. There is only one natural conclusion to the intent of that post and frankly it was childish.

Guest superrcooper7

I don't know how each person on here posts or noticed many trends in posts/type/intent (if that makes sense).

I possibly shouldn't have jumped in, though I didn't read anything in the post, I actually found myself agreeing with it. Each person will interpret it the way they see it I suppose or know how different people post.

Anyway, any news on what happened to the scum that did it?

The article is about a BHEAST fan attacking a Rangers player & his heavily expecting wife,not the other way about.

While it seems the topic has change within the thread, I have to point out that the article carefully avoids to mention the allegiances of the attackers. Nothing unexpected, but duly notable.

On a sidenote, I can't exactly follow the reasoning of some on here with regards to Gazza_8's first comment. (And yes, I generally do not keep track of everyone's posts on here and do a list of their general attitude on various matters.) I see nothing there to suspect that he does not hate the scum who did it like anyone else ...