Kyle Lafferty: My sectarian abuse every day

Why do you always feel the need to balance up a story ? This is about an ACTUAL incident that took place, so why not just condemn it instead of having to balance it up with "we are as bad as them" remarks ?

I dont disagree with you, we have our scum element too, clubs cant avoid the knuckle draggers - but I fail to see the need to balance it out all the time.

His girlfriend was fucking pregnant - this little scrotum could easily have caused a miscarriage - put yourself in that situation with your own heavily pregnant Mrs, would you have been quite so flippant as to say "Ach, Gers fans are just as bad, no big deal" ? I doubt it.

Again, where have I defended what the Celtic fans did? Please, show me. Where have I said that it's "no big deal"?

Jumping. The. Gun.

Edited by Gazza_8

It would probably have been easier if you just fully explained yourself the first time rather than having to deal with the reactions to logical inferences from your post. In fact it might help if you explained yourself now as you're deflecting without doing so... :)

I can't see how Craig is "jumping the gun" when the starting shot doesn't seem imminent any time soon. Unless you really like keeping people in suspense. ;)

Perhaps if you'd shown some sympathy to the Rangers player instead of wanting to immediately criticise our support for something we have nothing to with people wouldn't be so frustrated.

Poor show. :(

Poor show?

Who says I haven't shown some sympathy? I've just said to the chick that it's disgraceful that someone has to put up with this behaviour.

Just because I didn't initially post that on an internet messageboard doesn't mean I haven't shown sympathy.

Another who's jumping the gun.

Let's not kid ourselves here either, Rangers player or Cheltenham Town player, Lafferty doesn't deserve being verbally abused, he doesn't really help himself sometimes. His off field antics make him a target. Saying that though, his behaviour seems to have improved recently and he looks like he has grown up and settled down.

Those Celtic fans are scum of the highest order but I don't really feel sorry for Lafferty, well, I do but more his fiance.

Edited by Gazza_8

Sorry but the folks on here aren't sitting next to you so didn't hear you express your sympathy to your partner while slagging off our fellow fans on here.

Like I say, poor show but I've more important things to worry about...

Even when trying to defend the Rangers player you are at pains to say he deserves it. Why ? What did he do in this instance to deserve a brick through his motor ?

He hasnt had any "off-field antics" for quite some time so I fail to see why that should have anything to do with it. In fact, when put in this position previously Lafferty was likely to have "had a go" yet he didnt, he told his Mrs to get in the car to get out of harms way. Seems like a grown up thing to do to me.

So he tried to avoid the bother he anticipates coming his way, still attracts it and yet "he doesnt really help himself sometimes". Perhaps you should look at the incident at hand and not the previous.

Some people are morons, this kid that bricked his motor is one. You cant defend the indefensible.

Poor show?

Who says I haven't shown some sympathy? I've just said to the chick that it's disgraceful that someone has to put up with this behaviour.

None of us saw or heard that so how are we supposed to know you have shown sympathy. Take a look at what you posted, look at it from other people's perspective and then consider if that looks like you have somehow shown sympathy. It looks, to the naked eye, that you have shown sympathy to only one person and/or group.... that Celtic fan and his club. How ? Because you make the point that we have scum in our support too, that is effectively showing sympathy to this kid by trying to downplay what he did.

Just because I didn't initially post that on an internet messageboard doesn't mean I haven't shown sympathy.

But yet you felt the need to cast aspersions at our own support when this article had nothing to do with them. Sympathy indeed.

Another who's jumping the gun.

Perhaps it was you who was jumping the gun to have a go at your own support.

Let's not kid ourselves here either, Rangers player or Cheltenham Town player, Lafferty doesn't deserve being verbally abused, he doesn't really help himself sometimes. His off field antics make him a target. Saying that though, his behaviour seems to have improved recently and he looks like he has grown up and settled down.

You still cant help yourself. Lafferty was CLEARLY the victim in this case and you are making a defence for the abuser. His previous off field antics may perhaps make him a target - but that doesnt make it right what that kid did. And in the incident itself he obviously did nothing wrong and actually attempted to avoid conflict. Sympathy for his actions there ? No ? Hmmmm. Credit for being mature about the situation ? No ?....

Those Celtic fans are scum of the highest order but I don't really feel sorry for Lafferty, well, I do but more his fiance.

Aye but no more scum than our own fans right, Gav ? That is, after all, what your initial post was conveying.

We hardly need any enemies in the media when some of our own turn a story about some THUG abusing a Rangers player into a "we are as bad as them" debate.

If the string of attacks on Laff and his property had been against Lennon we would be hearing its because he's a NI catholic but funnily enough for this silly wee country at the moment not one shout of its because he's a NI Protestant. No instead we get oh well it's Big Laff he deserves all he gets because of some off field antics whatever they were, cant remember him running around calling the Celtic bench catholic bastards or spitting on a Celtic scarf, can't remember him getting into fights on nights out. Whenever anyone mentioned that Lennon brings some of his trouble on himself because he is a nasty wee scrote and becuse hes a catholic,the cry of bigot goes up.

Kyle gets abuse simply because he is a NI Protestant who plays for Rangers and takes great pleasure in beating Celtic and doesnt hide the fact. The most shameful aspect of this thing is that not one person in the media has the balls to stick his head above the parapets and say so and for that they should hang their heads in shame.

Would love one of the lawyers to ask him why he thinks he gets so much abuse from Celtic fans, and would hope he had the balls to say its because I'm a Protestant playing for Rangers.

Edited by GovanAllan

Sorry but the folks on here aren't sitting next to you so didn't hear you express your sympathy to your partner while slagging off our fellow fans on here.

Like I say, poor show but I've more important things to worry about...

Exactly so why automtically think I don't have sympathy for Lafferty?

Like I said, jumping the gun.

Even when trying to defend the Rangers player you are at pains to say he deserves it. Why ? What did he do in this instance to deserve a brick through his motor ?

Again, where did I say he deserved a brick through his window?

He hasnt had any "off-field antics" for quite some time so I fail to see why that should have anything to do with it. In fact, when put in this position previously Lafferty was likely to have "had a go" yet he didnt, he told his Mrs to get in the car to get out of harms way. Seems like a grown up thing to do to me.

Yip, I said his off field antics had improved.

So he tried to avoid the bother he anticipates coming his way, still attracts it and yet "he doesnt really help himself sometimes". Perhaps you should look at the incident at hand and not the previous.

Maybe you should get real a minute. Your reputation always goes before you, especially by people who dislike you. You do something in your past and you'll live with it for the majority of your life. Fairly or unfairly, that's how it goes.

Some people are morons, this kid that bricked his motor is one. You cant defend the indefensible.

Indeed.

None of us saw or heard that so how are we supposed to know you have shown sympathy. Take a look at what you posted, look at it from other people's perspective and then consider if that looks like you have somehow shown sympathy. It looks, to the naked eye, that you have shown sympathy to only one person and/or group.... that Celtic fan and his club. How ? Because you make the point that we have scum in our support too, that is effectively showing sympathy to this kid by trying to downplay what he did.

Like I said in reply to Frankie, just because I never shown any sympathy on here in my initial post doesn't mean I didn't show any somewhere else.

Perhaps it was you who was jumping the gun to have a go at your own support.

Support? People who go out and abuse opposition players in this way or any other way are "support".

You still cant help yourself. Lafferty was CLEARLY the victim in this case and you are making a defence for the abuser. His previous off field antics may perhaps make him a target - but that doesnt make it right what that kid did. And in the incident itself he obviously did nothing wrong and actually attempted to avoid conflict. Sympathy for his actions there ? No ? Hmmmm. Credit for being mature about the situation ? No ?....

In what way am I defending the abuser? I agreed with you when you said the kid was a moron. Defending the abuser? Really? Like I've said over and over, Lafferty DIDN'T, I repeat, DIDN'T deserve the attack. I'm glad he didn't react and show some maturity, pity it took him so long to realise this.

Aye but no more scum than our own fans right, Gav ? That is, after all, what your initial post was conveying.

Yes, we have scum fans too.

We hardly need any enemies in the media when some of our own turn a story about some THUG abusing a Rangers player into a "we are as bad as them" debate.

I never turned it into a debate. You're the one feeling the need to reply at length.

Anyway, I'm away to work and hopefully lock up some brick throwing youths.

Edited by Gazza_8