Leggo - aberdeen fans and the fascists

JUST what is it about a large section of Aberdeen supporters that makes them such loutish thugs?

And why is it that the main object of hate for this rogue element of Scotlandâ??s football fans is all things Rangers?

These not so dandy Dons have been trawling the bottom of the behaviour barrel for years now, but still they manage to find new depths to sink to.

For now they have even gone into partnership with bunch a of neo fascists from, of all places, Germany. Plus a few from England who, if they were actors would qualify as central castingâ??s idea of the BNP.

Why canâ??t everyone just get on with each other?

Thatâ??s what used to happen back in the days when the delightful Dick Donald ran Aberdeen well and wisely. When auld Dickâ??s vice chairman, Chris Anderson dispensed wisdom in the same large measures as he poured a dram for visitors to what was then a pleasant Pittodrie.

When it wasnâ??t as easy to get to the Granite City and trip there and back from the Dear Green Place was a long day, which reporters nevertheless actually looked forward to and enjoyed.

But that was a long time ago. Lost in the mists of time in bygone days of yore. So far back that Aberdeen regularly made the trip to Ibrox and won there.

Honest injun, they did. They could win just as often at Parkhead back then too.

Aye, it really used to happen that way.

The Aberdeen supporters of that era â?? of whom there were many more â?? made the journey to Ibrox anticipating a good day out with a victory to be celebrated with a stop off for a fish supper in Auchterarder, where Fergie led Willie Miller, Big Eck and co into the same chippy for their tea.

Back then, with Aberdeen winning titles and cups galore, the idea that some scruffs would join up with neo fascists from the Fatherland and BNP lookalikes from England and ambush woman and children getting off the subway at Ibrox was so far fetched as to be beyond the imagination of even the guy who dreamed up Dr Who.

So exactly where and when did it all go wrong for Aberdeen, who must now, by all the laws of common decency, be thoroughly ashamed of this element among their support?

Itâ??s hard to say. But when you have a support which for years have sung gleefully about the 66 people who died in the Ibrox disaster and the terrible injury inflicted on Ian Durrant by Neil Simpson, who has been afforded sainthood for what he did to the best young player to emerge in the 1980s, then the next logical step is for them to team up with German neo fascists and BNP type thugs from England.

There is no doubt in my mind that that particular group of evil Aberdeen supporters are a present day parcel of rogues in our nation.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.com/

I know exactly what happened and what it was about and as much as i like Leggo, he's miles off with this one.

We knew for months they were coming down. I won't say any more untill it all calms down. But please don't believe the press. The reality is it was a bunch of old school Aberdeen casuals having a reunion for a certain reason.

There's nothing sinister in this at all, just old school casuals having a day out.

I know i will get pelters for saying that, but would you rather hear from someone properly in the know about it or from someone that reads too much into cliches?

You make it sound like a sunday school picnic.

'There's nothing sinister in this at all, just old school casuals having a day out'.

Not nice if you are an innocent bystander or the wee police lassie.

Tell us more.

It was nothing though was it. And if the Police woman has a problem with people being rough the she's in the wrong job and deffo in the wrong city.