Davie Weir to leave this week

Stuff from twitter -

davidgweir Overwhelmed by all the messages, It's been a great 5 years, couldn't have written it better. Lived the dream ....... Thanks to everyone. 3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Cuellar24 @davidgweir my friend has been an honor and a pleasure to have played with u and u have been my best partner 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

davidgweir @Cuellar24 thanks my friend !! Likewise 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Stuff from twitter -

davidgweir Overwhelmed by all the messages, It's been a great 5 years, couldn't have written it better. Lived the dream ....... Thanks to everyone. 3 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Cuellar24 @davidgweir my friend has been an honor and a pleasure to have played with u and u have been my best partner 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

davidgweir @Cuellar24 thanks my friend !! Likewise 2 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

I noticed that earlier but Is that really Weir and Cueller or two guy's bullshitting.

a great servant indeed but we really shouldn't have anyone of his age on the books. we should have been developing the likes of mcmillan and perry instead.

What like Arsenal? And win as many titles as them? "Developing youths" by playing them is a complete fallacy.

I said at the time when fleck came through at 16 he didnt have a chance in hell of getting near the first team and i was proved correct.

No you weren't. You couldn't have been more wrong. He's been very near the first team for about four years but hasn't shown he's better than the first picks. In that time he's played 59 times with 26 starts. How is that "not near"?

Mcmillan, Perry, Hutton Cole for example will all follow the same career path and would do them selves a massive favour by leaving the club.

You doing that weird argument again that taken to its logical conclusion would mean we'd be playing a full U21 team with the first team sitting on the bench. The cream of the youngsters who prove themselves get regular places and not playing from a very young age doesn't seem to do the best of them any harm.

MacGregor, Wilson, Ness and Wylde have all had plenty of game time after they proved themselves.

Games this season:

McMillan 3

Perry 4

Fleck 5

Ness 2

Wylde 20

Bendiksen 3

Hemmings 3

Bartley 10

We've also signed a lot of young players who get into the first team in their early 20's because they are ready and they are at the time, better than our young players:

Broadfoot, Wallace, Whittaker, Edu, Davis, Naismith, Aluko and Lafferty - or is 24 retirement age now?

Only Ness seems to have a chance if he can get himself fit.

Maybe there is a reason for that - notwithstanding the strange omission of Wylde - or is he ironically so established he doesn't count any more? Sounds like we could play a team of U21s for a whole season and you'd want them all ousted for untried younger players.

What is a "chance" to you? Three games? Or does it need to be a lot more? I thought a chance would be one game - a "chance" to show you are the best man for the job. If you don't take that chance then how is that the management's fault.

Rangers are not in the business of developing youths, they are in the business of winning trophies. Other teams are half filled with the best youngsters in Scotland as it's cheaper. Funny how we usually tend to be miles ahead of those teams despite playing our rubbish oldies isn't it?

No it is them mate. Player accounts are verified by the club. :)

From what I understand it doesn't quite work that way. It is them, you're right, but verification happens when an account gains credibility and 'media exposure' plus a significant number of thousands of followers.

The site (Twitter) automatically verifies an account once it begins to publicly emerge that it's really the person. Of course, occasionally the site gets it wrong and the real person disputes it, which gets said account closed down. Which has happened a few times.

It has nothing initially to do with the players' clubs verifying the accounts, albeit they may do as well.

From what I understand it doesn't quite work that way. It is them, you're right, but verification happens when an account gains credibility and 'media exposure' plus a significant number of thousands of followers.

The site (Twitter) automatically verifies an account once it begins to publicly emerge that it's really the person. Of course, occasionally the site gets it wrong and the real person disputes it, which gets said account closed down. Which has happened a few times.

It has nothing initially to do with the players' clubs verifying the accounts, albeit they may do as well.

I think what Frankie means is that when an account opens with a Rangers' player's name attached to it, that someone within the club will ask the player if it was them that actually opened the account and will then confirm it on either the Official RFC Twitter or their own Twitter (Lindsay Herron, Rab Boyle, Andrew Dickson et al).

I dont think Frankie was talking about the Twitter process - more the manner in which the accounts get verified by RFC.

I think what Frankie means is that when an account opens with a Rangers' player's name attached to it, that someone within the club will ask the player if it was them that actually opened the account and will then confirm it on either the Official RFC Twitter or their own Twitter (Lindsay Herron, Rab Boyle, Andrew Dickson et al).

I dont think Frankie was talking about the Twitter process - more the manner in which the accounts get verified by RFC.

Ah right, he was being less literal than I realised.