Who was your first favourite player?

Showing my age here, and a lot of good choices above; but the best football player I have seen in a royal blue jersey was Jim Baxter. Second has to be Brian Laudrup and third Ronald de Boer (who without doubt in my opinion had the best "football brain" of any player I have watched).

The thing about RDB is that he was a good player for us, classy at times, except he never looked like he was really trying. He was very good but not great but it always looked like he would be fantastic if he really wanted to and pulled his finger out.

I was always a wee bit underwhelmed by him - although he usually played very well - I just thought he looked like he could do a lot better if he tried.

The thing about RDB is that he was a good player for us, classy at times, except he never looked like he was really trying. He was very good but not great but it always looked like he would be fantastic if he really wanted to and pulled his finger out.

I was always a wee bit underwhelmed by him - although he usually played very well - I just thought he looked like he could do a lot better if he tried.

I think he was frustrated because apart from Mols, no one else was on the same wavelength. I well remember when Lovenkands was on the wing and RdB pointed to send a ball towards the corner flag, sent the pass and then found Lovenkrands still standing where he was.

He was also hampered by injury.

I only wish we had seen him 5 years earlier.

I think he was frustrated because apart from Mols, no one else was on the same wavelength. I well remember when Lovenkands was on the wing and RdB pointed to send a ball towards the corner flag, sent the pass and then found Lovenkrands still standing where he was.

I did but for Ajax and FC Twente. Ajax actually let him go because they did not rate him it was actually once he played for Twente that he came good.

I did but for Ajax and FC Twente. Ajax actually let him go because they did not rate him it was actually once he played for Twente that he came good.