Rangers players targeted in Twitter racist abuse

I haven't been on his blog for absolutely ages, but any time I've read it in the past he's always been getting loads of abuse from Celtic fans and basically just slagging them off in return. IIRC they regularly send him very nasty messages, the worst and funniest of which he sort of replies to as part of his blog articles. I'm sure there's plenty Celtic fans out there who'd love to see him get into trouble, but what really astonishes me is that it's them who go looking for trouble. David Leggat had to switch off the comments feature on his blog last year because the place was just swarming with bitter beasties.

He got caught and he's trying to shift the blame onto someone else. Heard it before Jeff. Away and latch onto some other club.

Ironic how you allow the Tims calling Bartley & Edu "niggers" some slack and provide a viable excuse for them and provide a means for it to be difficult to prove but as soon as someone like Winter says his blog was hijacked you assume the worst and allow zero slack with no allowance that his blog could, in fact, just have been hijacked as he suggested.

Talk about an agenda. Seems you have one with regards to Jeff Winter.

Jeff Winter and all his family are Roman Catholics as far as I believe.

I have read his blog several times and have seen the vile and obscene abuse he takes from "them". They appear to save their worst for members of their own Church who follow Rangers, Nacho etc.

If Jeff Winter has written these things, he has only mirrored the comments which have been made to him by the "celtic family"

Those celtic "fans" will have left their mailing addresses etc., and I'm certain if Jeff Winter is prosecuted, he will take quite a sizeable number of them with him.

NB. Has anyone noticed that all has gone quiet on the situation, I wonder if CFC has had a longer think about their "wish for an investigation" ?

Ironic how you allow the Tims calling Bartley & Edu "niggers" some slack and provide a viable excuse for them and provide a means for it to be difficult to prove but as soon as someone like Winter says his blog was hijacked you assume the worst and allow zero slack with no allowance that his blog could, in fact, just have been hijacked as he suggested.

Talk about an agenda. Seems you have one with regards to Jeff Winter.

Of course his account could be hacked but I think he's trying to sidestep the blame by coming away with the most commonly used excuse (and lie) when it comes to these sort of complaints.

He's not on my Christmas card list. He's a hanger-oner.

Edited by Gazza_8

Couldn't really care one way or the other if it was jacked or not, he said nothing that hasn't been said before even by their own. The best bit is watching the RC Church jump on its high horse and charge about in moral indignation again. Come on guys grow a sense of humour just for once.

Of course his account could be hacked but I think he's trying to sidestep the blame by coming away with the most commonly used excuse (and lie) when it comes to these sort of complaints.

He's not on my Christmas card list. He's a hanger-oner.

He could be. You, nor I, know that to be the case though.

He could, as you say, be a scumball - but your only reasoning is your dislike for the man. Not really a great deal to go on is it ? There may also be people on Gersnet you dislike that you havent met.... yet if you met them you would probably find they are actually good, decent people.

He could, as you say, be a scumball - but your only reasoning is your dislike for the man. Not really a great deal to go on is it ? There may also be people on Gersnet you dislike that you havent met.... yet if you met them you would probably find they are actually good, decent people.

Ha, not a feckin chance!

You've never met Neil Lennon and I doubt you like him.

No I'm an argumentative bassa in real life as well. :thup:

Ha, not a feckin chance!

You've never met Neil Lennon and I doubt you like him.

Again though, you are applying your logic to ONE person and assuming it holds true for everyone. That isnt the case. It just cant be, unless you are an obtuse person yourself.

I am sure you are right, I am sure I wouldnt like Neil Lennon - but there is a chance, albeit slim, that I actually would like the guy.