Scott Allan : Rangers Pull Out

CASH-STRAPPED Rangers last night pulled out of the race to sign Dundee United starlet Scott Allan.

The 20-year-old will travel to The Hawthorns today for signing talks with West Brom who agreed a £400,000 fee with United last month.

Celtic may yet slap in a rival offer for the highly-rated youngster. But Ibrox sources have confirmed they are now resigned to missing out on one of Ally McCoistâ??s January targets as they will not enter a bidding war against a club from Englandâ??s top flight.

Celtic have expressed an interest in Allan, who has knocked back a new deal at Tannadice, and Newcastle are also monitoring the situation.

West Brom are the only club to have agreed a deal so far but agent John Viola is on standby for late interest.

He said: â??Anything can happen in the next 24 hours

But Ibrox sources have confirmed they are now resigned to missing out on one of Ally McCoist’s January targets as they will not enter a bidding war against a club from England’s top flight.

Is IMHO the only true information here. Since Brunt has now been sidelined for 10 weeks, WBA will increase the offer to United and him as they see fit.

He has hardly played for Utds first team and is still pretty young, I can't see him walking straight into to an EPL first team to replace anybody or even get a game for a while if he did move down there. I would rather see one of our own youngsters get a chance anyway as we don't have much money to spend on first team players never mind youngsters. Changed days indeed.

We can sign him on a pre-contract if necessary and goto tribunal and his fee would be less than £50k-£100k.

I know he doesn't need to go now and can wait until the summer, but I think UTD want to sell him now and obviously get as much money as possible, so they will pushing for the WBA deal to go through and brainwash the boy like they did with Goodwillie to not sign for us.

I know he doesn't need to go now and can wait until the summer, but I think UTD want to sell him now and obviously get as much money as possible, so they will pushing for the WBA deal to go through and brainwash the boy like they did with Goodwillie to not sign for us.

This is true, however they have also frozen him out because he wouldn't sign a contract with them. However as long as big bad Rangers don't get him then thats ok with Dundee Utd.

Guest Dutchy

It's more like the norm these days with Ally targets and them wanting to come to Rangers. Add to that the chances of getting a game if you sign for Rangers, why would they want to come to Ibrox?