Leggo - ATTACKS ON McCOIST AN OUTRAGE

I can remember long long way back when Ally took in his first OF game as manager and triumphed 4-2, then built up a 15 point lead over the Mhanks, after that he had grief from so called Rangers fans. How the fuck can anyone succeed with that record?

You answered it yourself - he didn't get the grief till the 15 point gap was gone. People weren't questioning too much his odd choices until recently, when our performances went to crap.

Personally I am not sure how much blame I attribute to him and how much can be rested on the loss of Naismith. That single injury seems to have swung everything, and truth is, many of us foresaw it.

Ally's problem is he hasn't managed, in 3 months, to find an alternative solution to compensate. I always said that was the challenge he faced, and if I'm honest he's failed to deliver on that front.

But with the squad we currently have, I don't know who would do any better.

You answered it yourself - he didn't get the grief till the 15 point gap was gone. People weren't questioning too much his odd choices until recently, when our performances went to crap.

Personally I am not sure how much blame I attribute to him and how much can be rested on the loss of Naismith. That single injury seems to have swung everything, and truth is, many of us foresaw it.

Ally's problem is he hasn't managed, in 3 months, to find an alternative solution to compensate. I always said that was the challenge he faced, and if I'm honest he's failed to deliver on that front.

In a nutshell there Danny, 3 months and he's still not solved the Naismith problem that is why I'm beginning to doubt him.

This.

I agree that he has failed to properly compensate for the loss of Naismith. But we have nobody in our squad that can, or could, do what Naismith does for our team. We should still be beating the teams we have dropped points to though, including Celtic.

But the league is won over 38 games, not 20. Long way to go and only 2 points in it. Hopefully we go on the type of run we did in the run-in last season.

This.

I agree that he has failed to properly compensate for the loss of Naismith. But we have nobody in our squad that can, or could, do what Naismith does for our team.

That is absolutely true, and as a result you have a find an alternative system which doesn't rely on what Naismith gave. You find a different formation, give different tasks to different players, and find something which compensates for the loss. If Barca lost Messi, they'd have no one who could do for them what Messi does. So they'd have to find a different system to accommodate the players they have left. That's what Ally's been trying to find all this time, and just can't yet.

We should still be beating the teams we have dropped points to though, including Celtic.

But the league is won over 38 games, not 20. Long way to go and only 2 points in it. Hopefully we go on the type of run we did in the run-in last season.

I read a point online about Celtic - basically it said that Kayal and Brown were giving Hooper the service that Davis and Edu are failing to deliver Jelavic.

Maybe that's now the difference between the two sides?

In a nutshell there Danny, 3 months and he's still not solved the Naismith problem that is why I'm beginning to doubt him.

But as I alluded to, do you think Mourinho, Capello or Guardiola would get more out of these players? I really don't know.

But as I alluded to, do you think Mourinho, Capello or Guardiola would get more out of these players? I really don't know.

Some of the blame has to fall on the players as well in all this, not one of them has stepped up to the plate since Naismith went. Whether that's down to Ally or the players themselves or a bit of both only they will know.

We looked to be playing a lot higher up the pitch on Monday from what I saw I spent most of the game trying not to be sick in the guy in fronts hood, Megahangover.

Some of the blame has to fall on the players as well in all this, not one of them has stepped up to the plate since Naismith went. Whether that's down to Ally or the players themselves or a bit of both only they will know.

We looked to be playing a lot higher up the pitch on Monday from what I saw I spent most of the game trying not to be sick in the guy in fronts hood, Megahangover.

Bit both for me tbh. The players have mostly bar Wallace, Bocanegra and ... wow, that's it. Those are the only 2 who have looked at the races recently.

But you're right, Ally as well as the players must take blame. I'm not one for blaming the players on their own. Ally has to take some of the responsibility too.

As a unit, players and management right now are not in symbiosis.

If Kayal & Brown are providing the service to Hooper that Davis & Edu should be, but arent, providing Jelavic then Davis in particular should be ashamed of himself.

Of those 4 "providers" he is, IMO, easily the best of the 4. Brown isnt a very good footballer to be honest - aggressive, in your face, determined and will to win are all attributes he has - but a good footballer ? Not for me.

Davis is a better player than Kayal too IMO.

And Jelavic is also a better striker than Hooper.

So all in all if both teams 3 pivotal players are Hooper, Kayal & Brown vs Jelavic, Davis & Edu then we have the better unit - the fact that we are dropping points with all 3 looking out of sorts should have them all hanging their head in shame !

Well how is that McCoists fault? So Naismith gets injured, this scenario has been hanging over us for 4 years now, cant buy players, club in debt, Ally cant find a solution when the window is firmly shut, so sack the guy? it's his fault, seriously lads take a wake up call, your condemnation of McCoist is really out of hand. If, and right now it's a big if, Rangers are celebrating 4-in-a-row come May, then I wont join you in saying McCoist is a jammy bastard....

Edited by 54andcounting

Guest Dutchy

I certainly don't think we should be shouting for Ally's head at this moment. Who are we going to get to take over and at what price?

John Greig was another 'legend' that took over straight into management, and at the time, I think he was the cheap option as we were paying for the rebuilding of the stadium, thus didn't have the best players.

There are similarities between Greig and McCoist, but Ally's had at least 5 years experience under the tutalige of Walter Smith. In fact, we've been incredibly lucky over the past 3 years, with just as much financial woes to match the good luck.

Even if we don't win the title, we should keep Ally. Not because all and every pundit you hear and read telling us that mangers need more time to manage, but because I think Ally will succeed, in the long run.