Blackburn

Guest superrcooper7

Guest superrcooper7

I wonder if the 1/2 odds on Kean being the next managerial casualty have been cut again after yet another dire performance, added to that the Saldago stories coming out.

Poor game but Bolton more than deserved their win.

Had the Wolves v Norwhich game on laptop and looked a cracking game, either side could have won. Although I despise Lambert, he has them playing some nice football so overall happy that Bolton and Blackburn still the bottom 2.

Guest superrcooper7

He didn't play due to a clause in his contract (not sure what exactly) but Blackburn couldn't afford to offer him a new deal or something and are already listening to a couple of EPL offers.

Which EPL team do you follow by the way? Your hatred of Liverpool is pretty clear and I don't think anyone is bothered about Blackburn anyway lol

I dislike Steve Kean and he is showing real ineptness. His interviews are pretty poor a deflection on his own managerial skills and his sides inability to defend saying we should have done that, we should have had this, we should have scored there etc.

However tonight was too far from the fans, but the owners really need to look at themselves why did they give him a new contract with better terms? Costing themselves money, idiots Its probably to do with him going to India every mid week, nobody would be silly enough to do that either especially mid season.

He has won 2 matches this season, drawn 4 and lost 11. His whole tenure is 7 or 8 wins in 38 games, Blackburn aren't a great side but they are a usual mid table side.

Guest superrcooper7
LONDON: Former Real Madrid defender Michel Salgado has been told he can leave struggling Blackburn when the transfer window opens in January.

Salgado’s agent met Rovers chiefs in Madrid recently to confirm this season would be the Spanish right-back’s last at Ewood Park and Blackburn boss Steve Kean revealed the decision on Monday. Rovers’ owners Venky’s are looking to trim costs and the 36-year-old is one of the first victims of the cost-cutting.

“Michel won’t be here next season,” Kean said. “If there is an opportunity for him to find another solution in this window that is something we would look at.”

Salgado enjoyed a glittering career with Real, winning the Champions League in 2000 and 2002 and also lifting four La Liga titles.

BLACKBURN Rovers defender Michel Salgado has expressed his frustration at being given a week off after insisting he is fit to play in tonight’s crucial home game against Bolton Wanderers.

Salgado was left out of the squad for Saturday’s home game against West Bromwich Albion but says he is not injured and wants to help Rovers stay in the Premier League.

The Spaniard is in the final year of his contract with Rovers and Steve Kean said yesterday that he would allow Salgado to leave in January because he would not be offered a new deal in the summer.

It is understood Venky’s are keen to reduce their wage bill by letting Salgado go, and the 36-year-old is thought to be contractually entitled to a new deal if he plays a stipulated number of games this year.

But the former Real Madrid star said: “I want the fans to know all I want to do is help the team and help Blackburn survive in the Premier League, but the owners and manager aren't allowing me to do this.

"I'm fit to play but I have been given five days off instead."

Blackburn v Bolton: Michel Salgado misses relegation clash because Rovers can't afford to pay him

Michel Salgado has claimed he has been left out of Blackburn's squad for Tuesday night's game against Bolton because the club can not afford to offer him a new contract

Faithful servant: Michel Salgado has been a key player for Blackburn since signing in 2009 Photo: ACTION IMAGES

By Thom Gibbs4:01PM GMT 20 Dec 20118 Comments

Salgado says he is fit and available for selection by Blackburn Rovers but has not been picked by Steve Kean because he is entitled to a new contract at Ewood Park if he plays a certain number of games this season.

"I want the fans to know all I want to do is help the team and help Blackburn survive in the Premier League, but the owners and manager aren't allowing me to do this," he said.

"I'm fit to play but I have been given five days off instead."

Steve Kean has confirmed that Salgado will not by with the club next season, but the former Spanish international's claims cast fresh doubt over the state of Blackburn's finances.

Owners Venky's denied the club was approaching a monetary crisis last week, releasing a statement through finance director Karen Silk.

"There is no financial crisis, and, there is absolutely no danger to the players' and staff wages," read the statement.

"Amongst all professional football clubs, finances are regularly assessed and reassessed during the season based on performance, income and costs, and at Blackburn Rovers this is no different.

"Barclays Bank and Blackburn Rovers have enjoyed a long relationship over many years and are currently in constructive dialogue about how the bank, along with the owners, can support the club for many years to come."

A fwe of the articles I've found on the Salgado situation. I couldn't remember offhand the details.

Given the money these ELP clubs get one has to wonder why they're having such financial problems.

Blackburn have never been a 'well' supported club, so maybe they've overdone the wages they pay to their players.

In fact, players seem to the only people in the present economic climate that don't understand a wage cut, along with bankers and financiers.

They deserve to go down, it remains to be seen what they do with their 'luxuary' players.