New SPL rules

Guest Dutchy

This is being headlined as New Rules on standing areas, which to my mind is good, but the most interesting part of the statement is the rules on what can be said with regards to terrorist groups.

If this had been in place last month, would septic have got away with their chanting at the Hibs game? Possibly, but I think the writing is clearly on the wall now and the political get-out is at an end.

Hopefully.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16248937.stm

I'd argue it's a pretty silly song to sing at a football match - and really doesn't make the slightest sense unless you're from County Down - and even then it's still a bit of a strange song.

In fact it's one of the weirdest songs sung at Ibrox which completely misses the point of supporting a football team.

Can we not just ditch that kind of crappy baggage? All it does is make us more like them.

What's the difference between a 'safe standing area' and terracing?

No, it's not a joke.

Terracing always was and still is (in lower divisions in the UK) far more open than what's being suggested for use in safe standing areas. Old fashioned terraces often had loads of rows of people standing between each barrier level and were rife with overcrowding. The photo below is an example of what's being suggested for safe standing areas. It's a German design already in use in Germany.

safe%20standing.jpg

Terracing always was and still is (in lower divisions in the UK) far more open than what's being suggested for use in safe standing areas. Old fashioned terraces often had loads of rows of people standing between each barrier level and were rife with overcrowding. The photo below is an example of what's being suggested for safe standing areas. It's a German design already in use in Germany.

safe%20standing.jpg

Always wondered what happens to the barrier when we would have to sit on euro nights.

Always wondered what happens to the barrier when we would have to sit on euro nights.

As far as I know the UEFA requirement is that the seats need to be there, not that you need to sit on them.... :D