Kyle Hutton is all ready to provide boss with window dressing...

NEW arrivals may be in short supply at Ibrox during the January transfer window; the month is more likely to be spent fending off interest in Rangersâ?? most valuable assets rather than parading fresh faces in front of the cameras.

However, Ally McCoist will have at least one player to add to his matchday squad, with Kyle Hutton eager to impress and give his boss a selection headache in the title run-in.

The midfielder has returned to Ibrox having completed his 93-day emergency loan deal at Partick Thistle but faces a frustrating fortnight on the sidelines, with red tape ruling him out of the championsâ?? Scottish Premier League fixtures against Inverness, St Mirren and Celtic.

The visit of Motherwell on January 2 could be a fresh beginning for Hutton and, after emerging from his sojourn into the First Division with aplomb after a series of standout performances, the 20-year-old hopes McCoist will see the improvements in his game.

â??I am going back to Rangers a better player,â? Hutton told SportTimes.

â??The First Division is a hard, hard league to play in. You donâ??t get any time on the ball or to think, so it quickens you up as a player.

â??Playing alongside the Thistle boys was great and you come up against a lot of good players as well.

â??Playing regularly in a competitive environment is always going to make you a better player so I certainly feel as though I have improved over the last few months.

â??I have played a lot of games and I am feeling the benefit of that.

â??I have left with a lot of confidence and hopefully now, with the games and the match fitness under my belt, I can take that into the games with Rangers and kick on.â?

Hutton may have been out of the Rangers picture in recent months but he has never been far from the thoughts of the Gers hierarchy or Light Blue legions.

Rangers have kept a close eye on his fortunes in Scotlandâ??s second tier as the midfielder has helped Jackie McNamaraâ??s side rise to fourth in the standings after an impressive recent run of results.

His last appearance in Jags colours came in Saturdayâ??s win over Morton, with the appreciation between player and club mutual after a fruitful three months at Firhill.

Hutton became an influential stars during his time across the city but knows he faces a fight to prove himself on his return to Ibrox.

â??I kept up-to-date with the people at Murray Park and there were a few of the staff that came and watched me in games and said I was doing well,â? he said.

â??All I can do now is train hard and try and catch the managerâ??s eye and hopefully kick on in the second half of the season.

â??It is never going to be easy when you have got the likes of Steven Davis and Maurice Edu in the middle of the park.

â??You have to bide your time at Rangers. It is about waiting until you get your chance and, when you do get it, you have to be ready to take it and do your best when called upon.â?

It is not just Davis and Edu who stand in Huttonâ??s way as he bids to become a regular fixture in McCoistâ??s plans in the second half of the campaign.

Lee McCulloch, Kyle Bartley, Matt McKay, Alejandro Bedoya and Thomas Bendiksen are all capable of slotting into his natural central midfield berth, leaving the Scotland Under-21 international with the prospect of sitting on the sidelines rather than starring on the field.

A loan move to English League One outfit Sheffield United fell through before he completed his switch to Thistle and while Hutton is keen to showcase his talents in Light Blue, he is happy to take the advice on offer from McCoist.

â??I was sad to leave Thistle because I really enjoyed every minute of my time there,â? he said.

â??It was a great experience for me, all the boys and the management team have been fantastic with me. I wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

â??There is always a chance I could go back out on loan.

â??I am not ruling anything out. If the manager wants me to go back out on loan again, either to Thistle or wherever else comes up, then Iâ??ll take it.

â??I will have a chat with the manager and see what his thoughts are. I will just take it day by day and see how it goes.â?

The 20-year-old emerged as one of the brightest products of the Murray Park youth system last season to help Walter Smithâ??s side to a league and cup double.

He has seen young winger Gregg Wylde make a significant impact so far this season as the champions started their title defence in stunning form.

Victory over Hibs on Saturday saw McCoistâ??s side maintain their four-point advantage over Celtic in the race for the SPL crown, with the Gers squad eager to maintain the momentum as they strive for four-in-a-row.

Hutton said: â??Itâ??s about getting heads down and keeping going at this time of year.

â??We just have to take each game as it comes and get the win on the day, because that is the most important thing.

â??The boys had a couple of bad results against St Johnstone and Kilmarnock but they went through to Hibs and got the three points.

â??I am sure they will kick on from that and hopefully we can keep getting results.â?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/kyle-hutton-is-all-ready-to-provide-boss-with-window-dressing-1.1139948