Blues Make Allan Approach

It's not a moot point to me Craig. I don't think we should be letting cracking young players like Shinnie leave on a free then be out a few months later looking to buy one from Dundee Utd or some other club for hundreds of thousands. It's not sensible. Having said that, I think our so-called interest in Allan will come to nothing anyway, so if I'm right on that front, then you're correct about it being a moot point...

It IS a moot point. We dont have Shinnie, we didnt keep him. Therefore it is a moot point using him as a comparison to signing Allan. We dont have Shinnie, so it is a moot point, he left, gone. Not likely to come back. So it is a moot point.

I understand what you are saying but that doesnt change it being a moot point.

I would prefer that we keep our better younger players but Shinnie doing well for ICT doesnt mean we should have kept him. Playing well in a poor team doesnt mean he would make the grade at Rangers. Same could be said of Allan of course, but McCoist will have seen Shinnie day in and day out and obviously doesnt think he is Rangers quality.

All we see is how he does for ICT. Good player in a poor team doesnt mean good enough for Rangers.

Ok, if you're being a pedant Craig, then the literal reading of what I originally said is a moot point, but I'm sure from your full response that you realise that wasn't what I originally meant. I said it with an intended meaning which you seem to understand, so the literal point isn't necessarily moot in the discussion unless you're being pedantic.

Ok, if you're being a pedant Craig, then the literal reading of what I originally said is a moot point, but I'm sure from your full response that you realise that wasn't what I originally meant. I said it with an intended meaning which you seem to understand, so the literal point isn't necessarily moot in the discussion unless you're being pedantic.

Yeah, I know what you meant Zappa. You KNOW I am pedantic :thup:

I prefer we keep our own young players but unfortunately it doesnt always happen. I am not sure why we would sign Allan whilst having Fleck, Bendiksen, Wylde etc still there... why bother ?

I prefer we keep our own young players but unfortunately it doesnt always happen. I am not sure why we would sign Allan whilst having Fleck, Bendiksen, Wylde etc still there... why bother ?

Not to mention Hutton and eventually Ness when he stops growing (supposedly) and getting injuries. We brought in Bedoya and McKay and young McCabe looks like a cracking player too. So aye, why bother with Allan? I don't think we really are bothered with him..

I doubt whether he'll be coming to Rangers as I'm sure I read and heard yesterday that Rangers had sent a letter to DU 2 weeks ago, and I can't remember hearing about it, but all of a sudden, the WBA interest is flagged up.

Anyway, what did we sign MaKay, Bedoya and Kerkar for? Surely these guys should be getting their chance before bringing in even more midfielders.

Fleck doesn't have a future with Rangers so you can score him off that list.

Have to admit that despite all the furore, I haven't seen him thus far and do not know whether he's actually that good. Anyone got any insights here? Would signing him spell the end of the road for ... say Fleck? At least for the time being?

Might also affect Jamie Ness; he's left-sided too. Unless Allan can play in Wilde's position which would give us good competition.

Edited by alexscottislegend
paragraphs