Offensive Behaviour Bill passed today by Parliament

The police are happy with it because it gives them a reason to arrest more, in the main, working class guys. I'll be very interested if unversity students get off with it after being arrested and being able to afford good lawyers.

There was a we chat about it on that 'Call Kaye' program this morning and their was a policeman on there being asked how does anyone know when they're breaking the law or not. He didn't sound too clear about it himself, but he was clear that he'd arrext folks in a pub signing songs of this nature, even if no-one that was offended by the singing where in the pub.

It then degraded into the usual 'what if' type of argument, with nobody being any the clearer what the law actually represents and what it is trying to put a stop to. They know that of course, but most laws are built on confusion and have more confusion added to them as they're reviewed over the years.

From what I heard during the debate it covers any area inside/around a Stadium on matchday, it covers fans travelling to/from the game on matchday and it also covers pubs showing live matches.

It also covers travelling (the day before) and overnight stops; that is mainly aimed at the Tartan Army.

It covers people gathering to watch live matches anywhere indoors or outdoors except in your own home. Perhaps private members clubs too?

Yes it does; the somewhat spurious argument being that it might offend an employee. (Or even someone walking past the premises minding their own business.) However, if you are Catholic person who is easily offended I would suggest you wouldn't want to get a job in the Kirkintilloch RSC.

Yes it does; the somewhat spurious argument being that it might offend an employee. (Or even someone walking past the premises minding their own business.) However, if you are Catholic person who is easily offended I would suggest you wouldn't want to get a job in the Kirkintilloch RSC.

That is where I used to drink and was a member for 5 years until I moved to the southside.

My girlfriend at the time was catholic & a Celtic fan & never received any sectarian abuse. 1 time Innes asked her to leave because she wore her Celtic shirt into the pub, but the older guys told him to let her be, although she did change as it was a dare by a punter. The KRSC is mostly frequented by older gentlemen (including a hibs fan who constantly beat me at pool the chunt) but on matchdays it tends to be the younger fans that get roudy or offensive (generally people from my year at school).

I would also say though that 1 barmaid who has worked there for as long as I can remember is herself a Catholic, I know this as she thought my ex-girlfriend was taking some abuse one day and stepped in. Its only really FTP that gets shouted in there.

Actually a really great pub & excellent venue to host a party. I would recommend it to anyone.

Edited by Ergatrude
Original post via Mobile phone was messy.

That is where I used to drink and was a member for 5 years until I moved to the southside.

My girlfriend at the time was catholic & a Celtic fan & never received any sectarian abuse. 1 time Innes asked her to leave because she wore her Celtic shirt into the pub, but the older guys told him to let her be, although she did change as it was a dare by a punter. The KRSC is mostly frequented by older gentlemen (including a hibs fan who constantly beat me at pool the chunt) but on matchdays it tends to be the younger fans that get roudy or offensive (generally people from my year at school).

I would also say though that 1 barmaid who has worked there for as long as I can remember is herself a Catholic, I know this as she thought my ex-girlfriend was taking some abuse one day and stepped in. Its only really FTP that gets shouted in there.

Actually a really great pub & excellent venue to host a party. I would recommend it to anyone.

I'll bear all that in mind next time I'm in, probably the 28th!