Offensive Behaviour Bill passed today by Parliament

If we can't sing "Sent them homeward tae think again" can England fans still sing "Rebellious Scots to crush"? I'm not offended by either, but surely it could be construed that way?

I've never heard English fans, or anyone else for that matter, sing "Rebellious Scots to crush". :)

I don't have an issue with it anyway. Rebellious Scots deserve to be crushed.

Firstly, it wouldn't offend me either.

Secondly, it is a line to God Save The Queen, as I'm sure you know. But the thing I'm wondering is, if you don't sing the line does it make the song ok? In which case if we sang the billy boys without the 'up to our knees' line would that make it ok?

Personally I don't think that would be OK as there would always be someone tempted to sing the line anyway. In which case would GSTQ be classed as offensive for containing a line, whether it is sung or not?

Just seen your reply. It's not in GSTQ, having been dropped from it a few centuries ago.

I can see where the offence comes with that one as the term is ambiguous. Is it that only Scots who are rebellious are to be crushed. I.e. those not being rebellious would not be. Or is it inferring that all scots are rebellious and are to be crushed. Definite ambiguity there imo as in how it can be read. Though the verse is "unofficial" right.

Fuck all about Flower of Scotland is offensive though.

Offensive Behaviour Bill?

So it's not just related to football then? Outside of football, I don't see the difference between the Offensive Behaviour Bill and another statutory breach. When does it come into force?