Rangers star Maurice Edu has luxury Range Rover impounded

If he wasn't using his mobile phone when driving he'd still have his car. Silly boy!

But he would still be driving illegally, right ? Maybe not a bad thing he got caught for a relatively minor offence.

Thought you only got a fine and three points for mobile phone use never heard of the car getting impounded for that. Thought it got impounded because he doesn't have a licence to drive it and therefore no insurance as well, never mind impound thought the new laws would get it crushed.

You get 3 points and a £60 fine if you're caught using your mobile phone whilst driving. However, when cops pull someone over for any offence they carry out checks on them. Said checks showed that Edu was driving otherwise in accordance with his license meaning his insurance is void meaning the cops were well within their rights to seize his car.

If he hadn't been using his phone when driving the cops probably wouldn't have pulled him over meaning he would still be driving with his car that wasn't seized.

You get 3 points and a £60 fine if you're caught using your mobile phone whilst driving. However, when cops pull someone over for any offence they carry out checks on them. Said checks showed that Edu was driving otherwise in accordance with his license meaning his insurance is void meaning the cops were well within their rights to seize his car.

If he hadn't been using his phone when driving the cops probably wouldn't have pulled him over meaning he would still be driving with his car that wasn't seized.

Look above. :facepalm:

I was taken to court here for driving without a licence.Well that is what they charged me with. Fortunately the prosecutor forgot to mention that I wasn't in fact driving without a licence but driving with a British Licence. You have to get a Dutch Licence after 6 months here. The judge rapped him for not presenting his case properly. He said to me I have to find you guilty of not having an official driving licence as you did not have a Dutch Licence but there will be no penalties as you now do have one.Which I did by then.

In Holland you can just swap your British Licence you don't have to sit a test again.