ScotlandTonight - Requesting Fans Rep To Go On Live TV

I think it is very noticable that outsiders, by that I mean anyone not a supporter of either Rangers or celtc, when they hear a song associated with Ulster or the Republic, it is sectarian. It really doesn't matter who or what the song mentions, the idea is to get rid of all 'Orange or iranaway' songs.

I think it is very noticable that outsiders, by that I mean anyone not a supporter of either Rangers or celtc, when they hear a song associated with Ulster or the Republic, it is sectarian. It really doesn't matter who or what the song mentions, the idea is to get rid of all 'Orange or iranaway' songs.

It does indeed seem that way and that's no doubt why they've refused to draw up a specific list of what's not acceptable. They didn't want to create outrage because the list is going to be significantly bigger than what people have been expecting. There's going to be a lot of songs getting added to the invisible banned list in the coming months IMO.

I saw this, was BH on the show? The Celtic guy was such an arrogant shit who refused to answer MacKay's questions.

Didn't get the call lads; I guess I wasn't going to be controversial enough for them.

I'm going to have my dinner then I'll post a new thread with the view from SD as promised.

There's nothing wrong with shouting fuck about a convicted terrorist. However the add-on is the potential issue with "a Father's Advice". I'm guessing it could be argued that there's a question mark over the timing of certain parts of the song and whether it refers to the modern-day "volunteers" rather than the ones from around 100 years ago.

You might be interested to learn that under the new SPL rules it will be considered "unacceptable conduct" to sing a song in opposition to a proscribed terrorist group in just the same way as singing a song in support of such a group; but of course because of the absolute defence of "reasonably practicable" there is virtually no chance of any club being charged let alone found guilty, as in the recent cases of Hearts v Celtic and Celtic v Hibs.

You might be interested to learn that under the new SPL rules it will be considered "unacceptable conduct" to sing a song in opposition to a proscribed terrorist group in just the same way as singing a song in support of such a group; but of course because of the absolute defence of "reasonably practicable" there is virtually no chance of any club being charged let alone found guilty, as in the recent cases of Hearts v Celtic and Celtic v Hibs.

I think one of the parties (Tory?) at Holyrood today called for an ammendment to the bill so that it specified pro-IRA chants/songs as illegal, but unsurprisingly the idea was kicked out.

I think one of the parties (Tory?) at Holyrood today called for an ammendment to the bill so that it specified pro-IRA chants/songs as illegal, but unsurprisingly the idea was kicked out.

It was David McLetchie, the former Tory party leader. Singing anything in support of a prosrcibed organisation IS now illegal in terms of the act IF it is related to a regulated football match, IF it casuses offense to the mythical "reasonable person" and IF it is likely to incite public disorder.

The strange thing is that unlike the SPL new rules, the law does not specify that singing songs in opposition to a prosrcibed organisation is illegal.