ScotlandTonight - Requesting Fans Rep To Go On Live TV

Not in the same ball park as the fenian/hun/TBB?/IRA stuff though is it. You'll never completely remove offence at football stadia and if you sanitise it too much I imagine you will lose a large proportion of the people who support the game.

As a non-religious Scot I agree with you.

Personally I think putting "fuck" in front of someones name shouldn't be offensive no matter who it is.

At the end of the day though, people can take offense to whatever they want & with the OBB pending I think we should be careful.

Personally I think putting "fuck" in front of someones name shouldn't be offensive no matter who it is.

At the end of the day though, people can take offense to whatever they want & with the OBB pending I think we should be careful.

And there in a nutshell is the whole problem with this nonsense of a bill.

They won't tell us whats offensive until they slap you in handcuffs. Salmonds worried what the rest of Europe thinks about our so called sectarian problem, he should worry what they think of a government that can pass a stupid bill like this.

They won't tell us whats offensive until they slap you in handcuffs. Salmonds worried what the rest of Europe thinks about our so called sectarian problem, he should worry what they think of a government that can pass a stupid bill like this.

Common sense should prevail.............................:whistle:

Ahh, got ya now. I still dont think shouting fuck bobby sands should be deemed offensive. It just means that people dont care for him is all. No ?

Though as Ian's post in the bluenose lounge shows there is no sectarian problem. What 5-600 offences last year. Far bigger issues for Salmond to worry about. What does he gain from publicising to everyone outwith Scotland that we are a far more bigotted country than we actually are????

Someone on that Scotland Tonight show called it a widespread cancer. Think it might have been the bobby they had on the TV link. Eh, no it isn't - racism and other social problems are much, much bigger issues than sectarianism.

I have no idea why it's become so fashionable.