ScotlandTonight - Requesting Fans Rep To Go On Live TV

Ahh, got ya now. I still dont think shouting fuck bobby sands should be deemed offensive. It just means that people dont care for him is all. No ?

There's nothing wrong with shouting fuck about a convicted terrorist. However the add-on is the potential issue with "a Father's Advice". I'm guessing it could be argued that there's a question mark over the timing of certain parts of the song and whether it refers to the modern-day "volunteers" rather than the ones from around 100 years ago.

So some wanted Sands released from prison sentence for involvement in terrorism but also want people punished for saying "Fuck Bobby sands". Strange times indeed.

I think there is a widespread cancer of mock, extreme offence at pretty innocuous stuff that is widespread in Scotland.

I found it a bit odd that the police officer only mentioned Rangers, the Celtic fan only spoke about Rangers and the coloured MP guy only spoke about Rangers (except for when he spoke about singing YNWA at Parkhead every weekend).

I don't find it odd at all. I'd have been far more surprised if such a program had been balanced and fair.

I don't find it odd at all. I'd have been far more surprised if such a program had been balanced and fair.

It wasn't on the BBC though.

The presenters earpiece must have been ringing as he tried several times to change the subject away from Rangers/Ibrox. Either that or he's a bear :D

It wasn't on the BBC though.

The presenters earpiece must have been ringing as he tried several times to change the subject away from Rangers/Ibrox. Either that or he's a bear :D

BBC or not, the panel of guests was clearly biased.

John McKay is a bear as far as I know.

Unfortunately I think his show producer fixed him up with a list of guests comprised of John McMillan as Rangers fan rep, a Celtic fan rep, 2 Celtic supporting MSPs, and a Celtic supporting chief cop.