Dorin Goian eyes new deal at Rangers

DORIN GOIAN today revealed he would be willing to end his career at Rangers by signing a new deal with the Ibrox club.

The Romanian defender arrived at the SPL champions at the beginning of the season when Ally McCoist snapped him up from Italian side Palermo in a £700,000 move.

But his impressive performances at the heart of the defence have forced Rangers to already open talks as they look to dangle the carrot of improved terms â?? as long as he is willing to sign a long-term deal.

Goian penned a two-year deal in the summer, so would not be out of contract until the end of next season.

However, he has admitted he is so happy in Glasgow he would certainly consider the possibility of ending his top-level playing career at Rangers.

The 31-year-old said:â??I can tell you that I cannot think of a better way to finish my career than at Rangers.

â??I donâ??t want to think about that moment now because you never know what the future will offer.â?

And a huge incentive for Goian to extend his time in Scotland is the prospect of more encounters with Old Firm rivals Celtic.

The Rangers stopper, who has formed an impressive partnership with Carlos Bocanegra at the back, immediately fell in love with one of the worldâ??s most famous derby clashes when he helped his side to a 4-2 victory at Ibrox in September.

With a trip to Parkhead looming at the end of this month, Goian is already looking forward to the top-of-the-table clash and trying to please the supporters who have made such an impact on the player this season.

He said: â??Every match we play is with a full stadium â?? 50,000 spectators every time â?? and in away matches half the stadium is filled with our fans.

â??You just cannot help loving them. After Christmas, we are going to play Celtic and I canâ??t wait for it â?? itâ??s going to be an inferno.

â??Even now, when I speak about it, I get goose bumps. Are we favourites? I guess we maybe are. We are first in the championship, four points ahead of Celtic. It is only halfway, but I really want to win the title here in Scotland.

â??And a win against Celtic is wonderful. The satisfaction when you see all those fans so happy is everything that a footballer wishes for.â?

Goian is also just as happy with life in Glasgow.

He added: â??As a city, Glasgow is very nice. In my spare time, I like to walk in the city centre.

â??Itâ??s a wonderful place and parts of it are of a rare beauty. Itâ??s a really nice place to live and raise a family.

â??Life is good for me now. Things are very good in Scotland, even the rhythm of games is very quick and sharp. There are no dead moments in the game. Nobody is trying to cheat or fool the referee and the players do not waste any time.

â??I tell you, it is something incredible. Itâ??s beyond even my best dreams.â?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/dorin-goian-eyes-new-deal-at-rangers-1.1139567

Wee bit early to be asking for a pay rise but would love to see him stay for as long as he wants.

To be fair I don't think he asked for this. It does say that Rangers have been 'forced' to open talks with him due to his performances.

What's he on anyway? I'd say he's worth 12-16k p/w.

To be fair I don't think he asked for this. It does say that Rangers have been 'forced' to open talks with him due to his performances.

What's he on anyway? I'd say he's worth 12-16k p/w.

Forced by who?

10K plus bonus is ample for any footballer imo.

Forced by who?

The article says this: But his impressive performances at the heart of the defence have forced Rangers to already open talks as they look to dangle the carrot of improved terms – as long as he is willing to sign a long-term deal.

10K plus bonus is ample for any footballer imo.

I agree, but based on the contracts that some players at the club are allegedly on I'd put him on 12-16k p/w.