Robin Van Persie

Guest superrcooper7

Guest superrcooper7

Is there a better striker in the EPL at the moment?

The guy is sheer class and 1 away from equalling Henry's goals tally for a calendar year. Also scored more goals than the whole Arsenal squad put together. A rather shocking statistic to be honest. Definitely a 1 man team IMO, especially since the departure of Fabregas.

Read rumours that City are ready to put a bid in for him, but sure these are just the normal make believe stuff. I don't follow Arsenal at all so not aware how his contract talks are going.

Also read somewhere that he was, along with Messi and Ronaldo, the best player in the world at the moment. As good as he is, I do think he is some way off that level.

Anyway, enough of Arsenal players now, thankfully !!! ;)

Guest superrcooper7

Both of them are ahead of RVP in that respect and I've seen those stats. This was more just a general question or opinion I had read regarding who is currentloy considered the best player in the world.

Messi and Ronaldo are a class above RvP. That said, RvP is an awesome player. His goal yesterday was brilliant!

RvP has scored 15 league goal this season. Ronaldo and Messi have 17 each.

RvP is the best player in the EPL at present ahead of Aguero, Ballotelli and Dzeko. Rooney scored his 1st goal from open play yesterday since September and Chelsea don't have a regular goalscorer. Liverpool have Suarez and Carroll who is fast becoming a total flop!

Ba is having a very good season with Newcastle. He scored anouther two yesterday against Norwich. Yakubu and Adebayor are another two who are scoring for fun.

But yes, RvP is the best striker in the EPL at present and probably the 2nd best player in the league behind David Silva.

Arsenal haven't been the same since Fabregas and Nasri left and aren't creating the amount of chances they did when both players were playing for them. I'm hoping Wenger can sign Gotze from Dortmund in January or at the latest the summer because he's a fantastic player.

Man City will sign Cavani in the summer and leave RvP to stay at Arsenal.

Edited by Gazza_8

Guest superrcooper7

Do you not think he may be tempted to go to a bigger and better club, where he will have a much better chance of winning trophies?

I agree about Rooney, after a lightening start, nothing since September from open play until yesterday. I also just happen to not like the man lol

Funny how he can't emulate his club form with the Dutch team. Quality of defender at International level?

He scores in the CL often enough. In the WC last year he wasn't fit. He shouldn't have been picked in all honesty!

David Silva tends to disagree about RvP being the best player in the EPL. Anyway RvP is on fire and good to see him stay fit for so long I think I saw on football focus for the calendar year RvP was ahead of Messi and behind Ronaldo goalscoring wise for the calendar year.

Never saw Gazza other part of his post.