Rangers FC settle £300,000 damages claim with former director Donald McIntyre

McIntyre is one of the people who were presiding and responsible for this mess, he is and was incompetent at best. Bain will be shittin himself at today's development, he has more to lose and hide.

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to back up the ridiculous statement that "McIntyre ...... was incompetent at best". He is an accountant and one of his jobs was to tell the bank each week how much was due to be paid the next week and get agreement for it. Like some of the other Directors I believe that his biggest "crime" was to be one of the independent directors who were uncomfortable with the Whyte offer. I wouldn't have expected Whyte to want to work with him after that but equally I would have expected the Club to treat him fairly.

How about the club being in the financial state it is, alleged mismanagement of EBT's and the small tax bill, is that enough to be going on with, he may be an accountant the evidence suggests a very incompetent one, unless of course you think he was the tea boy rather than a finance director.

How about the club being in the financial state it is, alleged mismanagement of EBT's and the small tax bill, is that enough to be going on with, he may be an accountant the evidence suggests a very incompetent one, unless of course you think he was the tea boy rather than a finance director.

Both the EBT's (big tax case) and the DoS (wee tax case) pre-dated McIntyre's employment by RFC but hey let's blame McIntyre!

Both the EBT's (big tax case) and the DoS (wee tax case) pre-dated McIntyre's employment by RFC but hey let's blame McIntyre!

So why didn't he do anything about them, and if he didn't know what was going on it makes him as incompetent and culpable as bain and murray.

He joined in 2006 same time as baldy was made CE.

Martin Bain was appointed as Chief Executive of Rangers

Football Club. A board director since 2001, Martin (38) was

previously Director of Football Business. He joined Rangers in

1996, later becoming Commercial Manager during which time

he brokered many of the club’s commercial interests, including

deals with ntl: and Carling.

A new Financial Director also joined the Rangers management team

in early June this year. Donald McIntyre was most recently Group

Financial Controller for MacDonald Hotels and has held senior

positions with Hewden Stuart plc, Hilton Group and Stakis plc.

(See the back page for more Rangers news)

I am not surprised to see Whyte now finally settle with McIntyre and I expect to see him to something similar with Bain before that reaches the courtroom. It seems Whyte's strategy for all liabilities (potential or otherwise) is to delay payment until the last possible moment. This is seen with the various other court actions which have been settled.

Other indications are the various court orders freezing bank funds for HMRC and other liabilities and generally the significant in cash per the accounts released last week.

McIntyre may have given the board accurate budgets which showed the bad financial situation if they went ahead with the spending. They have gone ahead anyway. He may also have looked into the EBTs and reviewed the advice received from experts. he may have warned the board about them.

I've got no idea as to his competence or otherwise, and i'd suggest that you don't either.

McIntyre may have given the board accurate budgets which showed the bad financial situation if they went ahead with the spending. They have gone ahead anyway. He may also have looked into the EBTs and reviewed the advice received from experts. he may have warned the board about them.

I've got no idea as to his competence or otherwise, and i'd suggest that you don't either.

Unlike you I have no problem giving an opinion about his incompetence, if you don't like it tough.

Did one of the tax liabilities not only get found when Whyte went through due diligence ? If so then McIntyre is most certainly responsible for that.